• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

mostly wine stuff

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
@skibob, this stuff is killer. Partner says, "POW!" Then she says, "Prisoner Of Wine! Ha!" So true here. @mdf : This is one of those bottles that's assertive enough for you and subtle enough for me. Côte d'Or Burgundy lovers must try.

20180512_195132-01.jpeg

20180512_191923-01.jpeg

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Of course it turned!

You'd have to suffer on your own
No, it did not turn. It is just the type of wine, because it is our second bottle of the stuff and the first one tasted the same.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
No, it did not turn. It is just the type of wine, because it is our second bottle of the stuff and the first one tasted the same.

I think that was exactly Pete's point. ogwink

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier

I know, I think it's sad. I still believe in Marechal Foch, but every bottle I've bought has had to become spritzer, 10:1 diluted for summertime refreshment. Which is a bit problem when it's not summer.

My statistic with these is now worse than with oddball Greek reds. Which is sad.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Heh, TotalWine is a political tool down here.

I'm not particularly fussed about that - I am more bothered that they stopped the manager-driven policy of tasting their own direct imports and started doing corporate-spec tasting lists.

Last edited:

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@cantunamunch interesting,

Went in with my own list, picked up a couple of interesting selections. One big store though!

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
This was a nice surprise, it is the first time I tried it.
upload_2018-5-15_16-54-44.png

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Absurd association for the day: when I see the words "hand selected lots" I can't help but imagine granny with a straw hat, riding in the back seat. She's waving her hand at rows of grapes, going 'eenie meenie miney mo'

TS
Tony S

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Had this a few nights ago when it was almost warm enough to sit outside. 2017s are out. So yummy. Don't think hard about it.

20180520_191042-01-02.jpeg

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Had this a few nights ago when it was almost warm enough to sit outside. 2017s are out. So yummy. Don't think hard about it.

View attachment 46560

I'm sure this is lovely, even buy a few Rose types but not often. It's a mental hangup from youth where I drank cheap Blush Chablis as my spouse didn't care for red ..... that and Cooks Champagne left a indelible memory I have trouble shaking.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
How about a Cab Sav rose? If you want a budget-friendly, quaffable, party expectation breaker something like Miguel Torres' Santa Digna could work nicely?

It doesn't all have to be over-sugared bland alco-water with a vague notion of strawberries.

Sponsor

Staff online