• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

NE1

Getting on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Haha, yes they are... man, I keep learning great things here. Perhaps I'll step up my beater ski search after all considering I don't believe I've ever had them serviced with the recall in mind.

The issues were limited to particular models and did not include 614s. Do a search on Atomic binding recall and you can see a listing from Ski Mag.

TS
SlapChop

SlapChop

Putting on skis
Skier
Ah, that makes sense. They are the 614s, I'll take a look just in case.

Utahski

Cruisin' along
Skier
I really like the old Atomic race bindings, have them on 10 or 12pr of gs and sg skis. But the 10-18 is what you want, it has an aluminum heelpiece.. There was a recall on the 4-12, something inside the heelpiece would break. Had one of those fail and got a real bad shoulder injury. The 6-14's were also bad, with plastic heelpieces the part you step on would break. Years ago I had 2 of them break within a month of each other. And I know at least 4 other people who've had them break, one guy was racing super g when his broke. The ski was destroyed and he was real lucky to not be hurt badly. I love those bindings, but I switched over to 10-18's years ago.

Sponsor

Staff online