• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Lost at Brighton.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Under Milly Express, deep in Sunday's pow, a ski was lost. Happens all the time, I'm sure. This one is a bit unique - it was one of @mishka 's Mad Russian MR102s. If Skilogik had made a 102 waist BBR it might have looked a bit like this ski.

I expect someone will trip over the ski ....sometime around June maybe. I also expect, when they see the veneer finish and the wood construction the ski will either wind up on a bonfire to Ullr - or on a mantelpiece.

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
Also, make sure you reported this to lost and found and keep checking. Lost some keys walking in parking lot when it was nuking one evening about a month ago. Didn't expect anyone to find them until August. Someone did find them and turned them into lost and found a few weeks later. When I was 16, I lost my wallet while skiing. Someone found it and sent it to me (based on address on my drivers license). Neither is a beautiful ski, but if there anywhere I'd want to lose something and hope someone finds it and does the right thing, Brighton would be the place that I would choose.

mishka

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
I reported him to customer service. Spend half a day under that Cliff yesterday looking for ski. It is outbound Cliff area on the map. Spoke with patrol. And one patroler who work year-round and most likely one who going into that area when snow melts. So it is a hope but because it could be mid-July when that spot will have no snow I have to think of backup plan.
that's MR102 I lost. Well I lost only one ski. Hopefully if turn up in time. If not looks like I'm going to have some nice looking wall hanger :doh::(:(

Attachments

• 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 78

mishka

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
I have a pair of ribbon trackers? Can't remember if they are pink or yellow as I haven't skied deep powder in a few years.....want em?
thank you, but no.
I design and build custom skis and purchasing mass market skis not an option for me for long time

TS
cantunamunch

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
thank you, but no.
I design and build custom skis and purchasing mass market skis not an option for me for long time

She's not talking about skis, she's talking about a bright-coloured ribbon you tie to your ski so it comes out like a flag in the snow.

mishka

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
She's not talking about skis, she's talking about a bright-coloured ribbon you tie to your ski so it comes out like a flag in the snow.
sorry my mistake misunderstood… Anyway don't think I need a ribbon especially at this point in time. Maybe we'll use one in the future.
This situation happened only because I break my rule on where/when to ski.

mishka

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
I'm just having fun with you mishka. I would hate to lose any ski, but especially one or both of yours. They are a work of art!
thank you… At least I know where to get replacement. if someone decide to keep the ski. He can't get a second ski to use them or sell them lol

I afraid it would find its way about someone fireplace. if second ski don't turn up mine will end up on the wall

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
thank you… At least I know where to get replacement. if someone decide to keep the ski. He can't get a second ski to use them or sell them lol

I afraid it would find its way about someone fireplace. if second ski don't turn up mine will end up on the wall
Are you local and therefore can claim the ski if it is found?
If not, do you have someone who can?

mishka

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
Are you local and therefore can claim the ski if it is found?
If not, do you have someone who can?
no, not local… Unfortunately.
I report the loss at the customer service and if/when ski tuneup they will contact me and ship it.

Brian Likes Pow

Out on the slopes
Skier
I skied this ski for a lap last week and can confirm this is a horrible loss.

If this ski shows up ill take it back east with me this summer...or ill leave it here and you can just sell me the other one!

Wouldn't a metal detector work? When does Brighton close again?

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
no, not local… Unfortunately.
I report the loss at the customer service and if/when ski tuneup they will contact me and ship it.
Ok, so at least you have them shipping it if they find it. (I do believe they will, or, someone will!)

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I suggest also writing a post on Brighton's facebook page; or writing as a comment in some of their most recent public posts; may help spread the word.

mishka

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
The way @mishka builds skis, the cores and topsheets should survive just fine. Whether there will be any edges left :huh:

what he said lol

I don't think edges can rust away so quickly in the snow. Ski lost in top layer of snow and unlikely traveled deep. If it comes off above the cliff, then I think even less snows there

I suggest also writing a post on Brighton's facebook page; or writing as a comment in some of their most recent public posts; may help spread the word.

I was told area is not visited mach and not patrolled ....don't want anybody get in trouble

I skied this ski for a lap last week and can confirm this is a horrible loss.

If this ski shows up ill take it back east with me this summer...or ill leave it here and you can just sell me the other one!

Wouldn't a metal detector work? When does Brighton close again?

I was told by patrol if ski touring up, it will be June or July. By July I will be almost ready for a layup of new skis for you and me. I can't take any chances.

Sponsor

Staff online