• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Lost at Brighton.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
  1. I have found USPS the be about the same with 3 day shipping as FedEx and UPS was with 7 day. Then I stumbled upon Parcel Monkey, I found it to be the cheapest and usually goes through FedEx but you have to drop it off at a FedEx Center.

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
I've used multiple smaller boxes to make a box for skis with bindings. Regardless of carrier, it's a good idea to pad the tips some.

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Found.

D1BC8ED1-1EAF-4CDF-808E-D582371FA47B.jpeg

mishka

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
here is a story I received on MadRussianSkis Facebook page of how he find the ski

Hey! I have a question for you guys.... Do you keep track of your past purchasers? I was hiking some backcountry At Brighton in Little Cottonwood, UT and I heard this bad boy screaming down the mountain! Luckily the brakes were engaged and it stopped a few hundred feet above me, but I went ahead and retrieved it. Normally I'd bag the ski and call it either a good shot ski or a gift back to the mountain, but I saw this work of art and decided to hike with it for about 5 more miles before returning to the trailhead. I see that it has a commissioned By tag but I can't quite make out the name. I was hoping it instantly triggered your guys' memories. Its my intention to get this poor fella back to his rightful place! I know I'd be missing it. Normally I wouldn't think twice about a ski, but this one is quite unique! Hopefully you can help! Thanks, -T

James

Out There
Instructor
So he actually found it the day/moment it was lost last winter? At least you got it back, and he was nice enough to hike out with it, but that’s an oddly long delay.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
So he actually found it the day/moment it was lost last winter? At least you got it back, and he was nice enough to hike out with it, but that’s an oddly long delay.

I assumed when the snow melted out enough, it started to slide... so several months after it was lost, enough snow melted to free it, and off it went.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
One could ship it back...or one could take a road trip to hand deliver and get to see an independent ski manufacturer’s factory. Just saying.

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
it's not too late. Seriously. Welcome
we can schedule time of layup for one of the pair skis I'm making this summer to come over and participate/see it all… No pictures lol

BBQ and beer. Afterwords:beercheer:

We are heading the opposite direction tomorrow for a week by a pool with many cool :margaritarocks:.

98320BD7-B521-4320-8E4A-C7C9629F0448.jpeg

mishka

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
finally got my ski delivered yesterday. Thank you all involve for your suggestions and recovery effort

After almost 3 months outside no any damage to consider. Minor rust on the edges no more if you would've leaves the ski out in the garage for same amount of time. Some sections not even rusted. Few small spots has some epoxy discoloration. That's about it. When snow returns I will be back skiing on them again.

I was going to give top full restoration treatment when done this process make ski looks like new. But for now decided against it and ski as is

Sponsor

Staff online