• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Lost at Brighton.

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
The way @mishka builds skis, the cores and topsheets should survive just fine. Whether there will be any edges left :huh:

[I know nothing about ski construction.]

I was thinking about integration points, like where the bindings attach ... whether water can get in there and begin to degrade the wood. Having said that, let me ask -- are the screw holes epoxied so that can't happen?

mishka

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
[I know nothing about ski construction.]

I was thinking about integration points, like where the bindings attach ... whether water can get in there and begin to degrade the wood. Having said that, let me ask -- are the screw holes epoxied so that can't happen?

I don't worry about water to get under the screws. The screws themselves will rust away completely before wood in MR102 will...skis need to be buried under the ground for maybe 20 years before start worry about wood degrading

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
[QUOTE="I was told area is not visited mach and not patrolled ....don't want anybody get in trouble [/QUOTE
]

The area is called Mary Chutes. Brighton sidecountry. The problem is it's a fairly sizeable area so you'd need to be a lot more specific about where for anyone on Pugski to attempt to look. Another 6-12 inches coming as well which won't help near term. On the other hand, more snow would encourage more to venture out that way.

Was the cliff right next to the boundary line or inside a ways? Some of those cliffs drop down into Crest Express as opposed to Milly. So you were at one of the cliffs on the Milly side? And if so, we're you first cliff band right next to Milly boundary or a little further out?

Also, was it a cliff requiring mandatory air or one with an entrance down?

These answers could at least narrow it down a little more.

EDIT: And how on Earth did you get out of there on just one ski. After area you were in, you still have to get through a band of trees. No way you were skiing those on one ski (or if you did you're a hero of mine!). That would have been a decent walk back unfortunately.

Last edited:

mishka

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
[QUOTE="I was told area is not visited mach and not patrolled ....don't want anybody get in trouble [/QUOTE
]

The area is called Mary Chutes. Brighton sidecountry. The problem is it's a fairly sizeable area so you'd need to be a lot more specific about where for anyone on Pugski to attempt to look. Another 6-12 inches coming as well which won't help near term. On the other hand, more snow would encourage more to venture out that way.

Was the cliff right next to the boundary line or inside a ways? Some of those cliffs drop down into Crest Express as opposed to Milly. So you were at one of the cliffs on the Milly side? And if so, we're you first cliff band right next to Milly boundary or a little further out?

Also, was it a cliff requiring mandatory air or one with an entrance down?

These answers could at least narrow it down a little more.

EDIT: And how on Earth did you get out of there on just one ski. After area you were in, you still have to get through a band of trees. No way you were skiing those on one ski (or if you did you're a hero of mine!). That would have been a decent walk back unfortunately.

outside of the boundary line. Cliff into Milly side. Second Cliff, with mandatory air and very narrow opening
I walked ....walk of shame all the way down to Milly
first picture looking down hill … Second picture looking up from the point where I started my descent

Attachments

• DSC02483.JPG
    DSC02483.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC02484.JPG
    DSC02484.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Brian Likes Pow

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thought I would add I had the exact same thing happen a few years back at Kirkwood with a ski mishka built for me....the ski was lost for 3 or 4 weeks until one sunny spring day I caught it out of the corner of my eye. They were fine. In fact ill be skiing on them tomorrow!

Last edited:

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
I have nothing to say… person who found the ski contacted contact me on MadRussian skis Facebook page. Send me picture of a ski told me he want to return it to me but I never heard from him cents

Sorry. I assumed "found" equated with back in your possession.

mishka

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
yup. That's where I am right now.

I'm not saying he will not ship ski to me.of caused. I will pay for shipping. Maybe the person have he's own more important priorities… So I am trying to be positive.
In the meanwhile, I have no other option but continue with preparation to make MR-102 replacement

RESQSKI The beacon for your ski. Don't leave home to ski pow without it.

http://www.resqski.com/

interesting… I need to research this.… Thank you for posting

James

Out There
Instructor
It's gotten more expensive. The cheapest is using someone's business account. Shops often will give you a box.

mishka

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
unfortunately no assess to business account. Hopefully he can find suitable box because UPS store charge almost $50 for their box:nono::huh:

MR102 is very special ski which I cannot imagine going into next season, without and because all of the delays. I'm about three-quarter build into replacement not just a replacement but new generation MR-102GT

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
If it helps I can pick it up from the person that found it and ship it to you.

unfortunately no assess to business account. Hopefully he can find suitable box because UPS store charge almost $50 for their box:nono::huh:

MR102 is very special ski which I cannot imagine going into next season, without and because all of the delays. I'm about three-quarter build into replacement not just a replacement but new generation MR-102GT
Take up the very generous offer!
Buying just a single ski box might be difficult. If you buy 25 you can get it down to about $2.50 each. There's a smaller 4x4 if no bindings.

Need the inner and outer:
IMG_6621.jpg

Sponsor