• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
At 160 1bs and 6'1" I've found the 179 length to be perfect, but I'm old and stiff. Seems like the 172 would be good for the OP.

TS
Prosper

Prosper

This is the way.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I think you would be delighted with the 165, it is something I have accused the shorter White Outs of, as being an ‘easy SL’. FIS/rec SL sidecut, with an all mountain width and flex. I’m 185 and 5’10”, and I thought the 172 was as short as I would go for a daily driver that can handle on/off piste (which is slightly hypocritical, because I probably spend most of my time on 165 SLs, even here in CO). The 2020 version of VMTs add a stringer of titanal (from 2 to 3), so a bit more stability. As Phil would say ‘you’ve struck oil, stop drilling.’

Sounds like 165cm is the right length. Since I’m going to be in the bumps, trees and mixed conditions as much, if not more than groomers, I think this year’s slightly softer version will be better for me. I’m willing to give up a higher top end for more user friendly and versatile for the conditions and terrrain I’ll be using them on most. Now to find the best deal possible.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
technically, thats a 3rd stringer of VMT. it just makes the tips and tails a tad bit more stiff but it doesn't change the superb feel of the ski nor does it make it demonstrably more stiffer. That said, if you can find a leftover, grab it.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sounds like 165cm is the right length. Since I’m going to be in the bumps, trees and mixed conditions as much, if not more than groomers, I think this year’s slightly softer version will be better for me. I’m willing to give up a higher top end for more user friendly and versatile for the conditions and terrrain I’ll be using them on most. Now to find the best deal possible.

I think I got the last or one of the last 165s that Ski Essentials had but you might shoot them a PM just to confirm they don't have a pair hiding. Also, for your searching, the ski is actually the V82 and VMT is acronym for Vertical Metal Technology which is part of the construction.

TS
Prosper

Prosper

This is the way.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Pulled the trigger and ordered the V76 165cm from Totem Pole Ski shop at the recommendation of @James. Got Tyrolia Railflex 12 bindings from @dawgcatching and Phantom from @dovski off the Pugski Marketplace. Hopefully the snow will hold up at A-basin and Breck and I'll be able to test them out before too long.

Sponsor

Staff online