• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Just bought a pair of Stockli Montero AR's -anyone tried em?

cragginshred

Getting off the lift
Skier
Any stockli fans? Heard amazing things about them. Riding and loving the Volkl Mantra now. Hoping these will be a step up :snow: :D

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Will do, those in your link are vastly different from ski essentials and Powder 7 staff.
I cannot speak for other sites, I haven't seen their reviews. I can say, there are many review sites are also retailers that have a vested interest selling the product, we just review the skis.

TS
cragginshred

cragginshred

Getting off the lift
Skier
The info i am interested as I chomp at the bit waiting to get them is:

Do they hold and aggresive edge exiting with a pop of enrgy similar to my Volkl mantras?

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
Do they hold and aggresive edge exiting with a pop of enrgy similar to my Volkl mantras?
Definitely NO on that. It's a dull ski. No thrills at all, IMO.

James

Out There
Instructor
If you're afraid of the answer, don't ask the question...
That’s what a young George Washington said to his dad…

C32CF0B0-906D-4C9B-B944-4D86EAFC8722.jpeg

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The info i am interested as I chomp at the bit waiting to get them is:

I don't think so. They're a very nice ski. Super smooth. I wouldn't say they're snappy or poppy. They're a European sport sedan: calm, collected, great grip, and a smooth ride.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Somehow every time I hear the name Montero, I think of Ricardo Montalban and rich Corinthean Leather. And then I hear his voice say…Montero AX with rich Corinthean Leather. Then I think of that Star Trek movie where he had long hair, guns and was pissed at Captain Kirk.

I know, I know, Ricardo Montalbon was hawking the Cordoba not the Montego, but you could get the Montego with CL, as my poor car naive dad did.

Anyways, after I think of Corinthean Leather, my mind goes to that little guy saying “boss the plane, the plane.” That was my cue to change channels.

I might be open to a Stockli Montero if my dad hadn’t bought that Montego.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Somehow every time I hear the name Montero, I think of Ricardo Montalban and rich Corinthean Leather. And then I hear his voice say…Montero AX with rich Corinthean Leather. Then I think of that Star Trek movie where he had long hair, guns and was pissed at Captain Kirk.

I know, I know, Ricardo Montalbon was hawking the Cordoba not the Montego, but you could get the Montego with CL, as my poor car naive dad did.

Anyways, after I think of Corinthean Leather, my mind goes to that little guy saying “boss the plane, the plane.” That was my cue to change channels.

I might be open to a Stockli Montero if my dad hadn’t bought that Montego.
1990_mitsubishi_montero_01.jpg

James

Out There
Instructor
^ Ya know the old Snowbird tram would make a perfect garage for that.
0C383CA1-6E72-400E-AD88-C3DF912F4F3A.jpeg

Wait, the Mitsubishi Montero came in Corinthian Leather??

Put a ski rack on that Jeep.

Sponsor