• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
I believe they're announcing the winner on Saturday.

What the ..... can't they figure out the winner right away? Did the East German judge screw things up again? Are they worried about making the sponsors happy? From what I saw on the video, I'd tag Parker Costain numero uno.

TS
TheArchitect

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
What the ..... can't they figure out the winner right away? Did the East German judge screw things up again? Are they worried about making the sponsors happy? From what I saw on the video, I'd tag Parker Costain numero uno.

Yeah, agreed on all counts.

TS
TheArchitect

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Day 1 trip report can be summed up with this: Damn, this place is insane! ogsmile

Hoping for much better visibility tomorrow. The new snow was nice but it was really hard to see today.

TPJ

Like PBJ, but not as ubiquitous!
Instructor
Glad you are having a great time. Conditions have been consistently very good for quite a while now.

TS
TheArchitect

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
When I was a teenager back in the 80’s there was an article in Ski about “the elevator shaft of skiing” and I said to myself if I ever make it out to Jackson I’ve got to ski Corbet’s. It’s more about dream fulfillment than bragging. I’ll probably tumble my way down anyway

Day 2 report: Dream Fulfilled.

I was at the top of Corbet’s thinking about whether to do it or not when the ski patrol came by and told us they were going to close it in about 5 minutes. Said screw it and got into the goat path. I can’t say it was pretty but I made it.

Knocked off Alta 1 and Tower Three Chute from my ‘gotta ski’ list, too.

My legs are already sore but if I’m feeling good the Hobacks are on the agenda tomorrow.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Wondering if this was a east European judge? At the 2002 SLC Olympics I watched the ladies figure skating final. The Canadian skied flawlessly & the Russian woman
did a less challenging program with a fall. They gave Gold Medal to the Russian and the sound of the crowd booing for 5 minutes was deafening.

A month later they backpedaled and gave the Canadian a 2nd Gold Medal. They let the Russian keep the first one.

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
Day 2 report: Dream Fulfilled.

I was at the top of Corbet’s thinking about whether to do it or not when the ski patrol came by and told us they were going to close it in about 5 minutes. Said screw it and got into the goat path. I can’t say it was pretty but I made it.

Knocked off Alta 1 and Tower Three Chute from my ‘gotta ski’ list, too.

My legs are already sore but if I’m feeling good the Hobacks are on the agenda tomorrow.

giphy.gif

TS
TheArchitect

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Day 3: Short day on the slopes. Being out of shape and at altitude is not something I’d recommend. Took a long tumble down Bird in the Hand when I missed my turn at what turned out to be a very shallow and mostly covered cliff band. The very kind woman who picked up my skis pointed it out to me.

Anyway, after that I stuck to the groomers and moved from Sublette to Casper/Teton/après Vos before calling it a day early.

Well, my first trip to JH is done and I’m off to Big Sky tomorrow for the first 3 days of the Gathering. Thanks to all of you who have posted in this thread and given lots of information.

PS. I skipped the Hobacks. :( I knew the legs weren’t up to it today. Next trip!

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Had to look up hobacks. For a second I thought it was a Kraft joke.

Sponsor

Staff online