• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Jackson Hole 2/22-23/19

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ok, I'm headed into work. I've a few things to tidy up and a coordination meeting to chair at 11 to make sure we have everything we need for our weekend work and @ChunderBlunder and I will be on the road! :yahoo: Neither one of us can believe it's been a year already since the Utah Gathering. We're both very stoked. We'll be driving through non stop to Jackson out of Dallas Fort Worth. It's 18 1/2 hrs. Depending on conditions I'd estimate our ETA to be around 2 pm. If we don't see any of you tomorrow evening, we'll see you Friday for sure.

MattSmith

Out on the slopes
Skier
Hi all - I could use a favor tomorrow and it may benefit you as well. I need some relatively minor auto repairs. The thaw / freeze on Friday resulted in my skid plate hanging and zip ties holding it in place.

I'll pay for your parking if you pick me up (and return me before 6 PM) at Rabbit Row Repair, just off of the 390 / 22 junction. Map shown below. I'll walk out to the end of the road with boot bag and skis ready.
Rabbit Row Repair
4280 Leeper Ln, Wilson, WY 83014

I'm time flexible, before 8:30 or so. My other option is to hoof it down to the Stilson lot and catch the shuttle from there. I've been parking there anyway and it's only a 0.5 mile walk.

Conditions were nice at last chair today and should be very good tomorrow morning. Let's get after it.

rabbitrow.PNG

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I have had work done in the past by Rabbit Row including some custom tailpipe work done by the shop owner and I rate them very highly. i just walked to the Stilson lot from Rabbit Row.

I am currently driving to Stilson lot each day from the Motel 6 in Jackson, boot changing in the heated waiting room with free coffee and granola bars and catching the free bus from there.

I have too much stuff on my truck's passenger seat for passengers.ogwink

MattSmith

Out on the slopes
Skier
I have had work done in the past by Rabbit Row including some custom tailpipe work done by the shop owner and I rate them very highly. i just walked to the Stilson lot from Rabbit Row.

I am currently driving to Stilson lot each day from the Motel 6 in Jackson, boot changing in the heated waiting room with free coffee and granola bars and catching the free bus from there.

I have too much stuff on my truck's passenger seat for passengers.ogwink
Thanks DanoT. I agree the Stilson lot is easy. ...and I know how that passenger seat gets filled up, oh yea. Maybe I'll see you in the waiting room tomorrow!

MattSmith

Out on the slopes
Skier
I found a sweet line in Casper bowl yesterday morning. Presuming it's open, I'm going up the headwall around 10 if anyone would like to join me. The "hike" was about 20 minutes with a 5-10 minute traverse along the ridge.

I'll check this post before I head up.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm curious about the route. I've always done the same entrance into Casper, the one an S&D instructor showed us. (And where I took the group at a later Gathering.) It is basically the first entrance along the ridge. Looking at the map, I *think* it was Beartooth. You enter through the clump of trees at the top.

MattSmith

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'm curious about the route. I've always done the same entrance into Casper, the one an S&D instructor showed us. (And where I took the group at a later Gathering.) It is basically the first entrance along the ridge. Looking at the map, I *think* it was Beartooth. You enter through the clump of trees at the top.
The enterance we took was just beyond the bc gate in this picture

Attachments

• 20190220_125706.jpg
    20190220_125706.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 22

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Hmmm... I don't remember where the gates were.

Looking at the photo in your photo, you can see why Granite Canyon is dangerous terrain.

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
Looking up at Beartooth, it always looks like someone is standing at the top, right in the crux. Is that a stump, pole, or a sign?

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I have been fighting a cold for the past 2 days but will be out there tomorrow. How about a meet up time and place, perhaps for an early lunch?

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Sure, but look at @JohnL 's sexy new skis. Ready to rip!
I’ll be looking for @JohnL with the blue monsters tomorrow! They’ll be of no use at Timberline WV, oops pretend you didn’t hear that.

That blue should be visible a half mile away
I’ll meet @DanoT at 11 at Casper Lodge. (Restaurant)
Unless others have planned anything else.

Sponsor