• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Jackson Hole 2/22-23/19

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@ChunderBlunder and I got into Jackson about 2:00. Took some skis to the Nomad ski shop there at the base, got our MCP passes taken care of, and had a beer under the tram. We too were wandering around in jeans. We'll be up there first thing this morning. We'll try to make Caspers at 11.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
For me, one of the most appealing things about Jackson Hole (besides the cheap accommodation in Jackson) is the variety at J.H. There is something for everyone and every ability level.

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've been spending all morning going over weather reports and road conditions. Our plan was to ski all day at Jackson today, stay the night, drive through the pass early in the morning and ski Grand Targhee until 1-2 pm and then get on the road for Big Sky. With 1-2 feet of snow possible between now and Sunday we may have to change our plans and get through the Teton pass this afternoon. I know from experience here that when they say that much snow is coming that what they forecast for JH and what happens in that pass are two entirely different things. We've seen avalanche mitigation shut it down and only 4" had been forecast for JH, but a couple feet fell in the pass. We were able to get through a few hours later with chains. Having to drive around Yellowstone to the east to get to Big Sky is just not something I want to have to do.

MattSmith

Out on the slopes
Skier
@PisteOff - I have your leftovers from Bubba's. It survived a ride to DQ, back to Motel 6, to the gym this morning. I only noticed it this morning after I switched parking spots.
Too funny! :roflmao:

Attachments

• 20190223_122606.jpg
    20190223_122606.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 11

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@PisteOff - I have your leftovers from Bubba's. It survived a ride to DQ, back to Motel 6, to the gym this morning. I only noticed it this morning after I switched parking spots.
Too funny! :roflmao:
My kid is an airhead..... That's too funny. Good to see you again Matt. We're at the room after a few runs at Jackson. We're packing it up and heading over the pass. We'll be skiing Targhee in the morning. Should be a great powder day. We'll catch up with you in Big Sky tomorrow evening. Feel free to enjoy the BBQ!!

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Jackson Hole was great on Friday Saturday OTOH wasn't great -probably a mistake to ski.. Fog,some wind on top half
and light snow . Just enough snow (0-1') to hide moguls and obstacles.

JH now reports 10" Sat night.

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've been spending all morning going over weather reports and road conditions. Our plan was to ski all day at Jackson today, stay the night, drive through the pass early in the morning and ski Grand Targhee until 1-2 pm and then get on the road for Big Sky. With 1-2 feet of snow possible between now and Sunday we may have to change our plans and get through the Teton pass this afternoon. I know from experience here that when they say that much snow is coming that what they forecast for JH and what happens in that pass are two entirely different things. We've seen avalanche mitigation shut it down and only 4" had been forecast for JH, but a couple feet fell in the pass. We were able to get through a few hours later with chains. Having to drive around Yellowstone to the east to get to Big Sky is just not something I want to have to do.

Sounds like a good problem to have. Enjoy.

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
Totally missed this - but was there this week as well. Thu and Fri were nice,bluebird days. Tram line was 3/4 cars. Wednedday was basically walk-on. Anyway, love that mountain. Pic from top of Headwall on Fri.

09FF0EC2-FFA0-4080-A53B-B2D66558A621.jpeg

Attachments

• 5C390338-C065-4306-ACEC-EE6B40E3EABD.jpeg
    5C390338-C065-4306-ACEC-EE6B40E3EABD.jpeg
    120.6 KB · Views: 4

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
JH reported 10” this morning - I guess it was that at some point. :D