• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Is there such a thing as brushing too much?

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I mean the idea that the Toko Universal goes down to -22F is dubious at best. When I use a universal like Swix F4 or Dominator Zoom, it’s supplemented by a cold wax for real cold. Then warm too.
Totally agree. It seems to do nothing @ -22 F! Then again it's so cold, does anything matter below -20 F other than hot cocoa? :huh: Ha ha ha

Last edited:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I mean the idea that the Toko Universal goes down to -22F is dubious at best. When I use a universal like Swix F4 or Dominator Zoom, it’s supplemented by a cold wax for real cold. Then warm too.

-22F no. It does however go down to 5F with minor stiction, and can last for a half day below that with some stiction especially if you get the Moly version.

The Toko Moly universal is rather good at warm 40F temps with moderate saturation, better than Hertel certainly. Crayons on well, corks well, brushes well.

The only reasons I have to *not* use it are sustained cold (Quebec), high altitude cold (top of Breck traverses), saturated wet (rain) and mixed fresh and old snow (guns in a storm or Mammoth in spring)

Jacques

Workin' It on Skis Best I Can
Skier
That's an excellent question.

I usually buy wax in the largest size possible since it's so much cheaper (though that resulted in me having massive stockpiles of LF and HF waxes from back in the day LOL).

I'd be curious about Dominator pastes over time. With the Holmenkol liquids it seems the cap seals very well. They seem to come for consumers in just once size except for an extra large version of the base-level red.
I've had my jars and cans for over a year. I make sure to close them well. Have not had any drying issues at all.

Sponsor

Staff online