• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ikon Pass Extends Dates with Offering Double Renewal Discounts and Adventure Assurance

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
I bought the base price but I'm still pretty sure that I'm deferring until next year. I still believe covid in the US is going to spike high after xmas/new years and many resorts will shut down Jan and Feb. I plan on buying individual tickets and try to get in about 10 days this upcoming season

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Just got an Ikon VIP discount offer of $200 off, at $949

Wonder if this reflects low sales? :huh:
I got my "VIP" discount code too. I hadn't renewed yet. I'm guessing low sales too.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Wow. Now I feel like a sucker for renewing. Although I am not optimistic that I will use it; I suspect I will be xc skiing if there is snow.
With 3 passes to buy, it's a lot of $$$ outlay, and who knows what would be open? All our skiing is at least 2 hrs away, which definitely makes it more difficult.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I renewed a while back. I've decided to defer but haven't actually done so officially. Most of my Ikon skiing is in VT and the state travel restrictions are nearly impossible for me to comply with coming from MA.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I renewed a while back. I've decided to defer but haven't actually done so officially. Most of my Ikon skiing is in VT and the state travel restrictions are nearly impossible for me to comply with coming from MA.
I expect to defer too, but will wait just in case a sooner-than-expected vaccine salvages the spring part of the season.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
I expect to defer too, but will wait just in case a sooner-than-expected vaccine salvages the spring part of the season.

that would be great except that the earliest widespread use of a vaccine issued to the general population is expected to be June/July. Please note, its not been tested on children and other groups, nor is the efficacy known or if multiple doses will be required and how long it will be effective.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
that would be great except that the earliest widespread use of a vaccine issued to the general population is expected to be June/July. Please note, its not been tested on children and other groups, nor is the efficacy known or if multiple doses will be required and how long it will be effective.
Yeah, that's why it's a faint hope.

Reactions: Ron

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Deferment is definitely a possibility for us. Gonna wait and see a bit.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
With 3 passes to buy, it's a lot of $$$ outlay, and who knows what would be open? All our skiing is at least 2 hrs away, which definitely makes it more difficult.

Ditto

Yeah, that's why it's a faint hope.

Guys, just to let you know I had the Russian Covid19 vaccination a few weeks ago and can tell you there are absolutely no negative sideffski efectovski secundariosvki Кто может это прочитать Обожаю Владимира Путина

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Just filled in my JHMR pre season survey - seems like they are hurting for reservations as a lot sounded kinda needy about what my needs would be re COVID. ts least I got a kick out of saying I was highly unlikely to be visiting as well because of the way they've relegated Ikon passholders to second class citizens.

Last edited:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Don't be silly. Wait. Because I can read that, it means YOU love Vlad? That must be some kinda vaccine!
О, хорошо. Я подумал, что это может быть что-то политическое, которое мне придется удалить.

(Courtesy of Google Translate...)

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
О, хорошо. Я подумал, что это может быть что-то политическое, которое мне придется удалить.

(Courtesy of Google Translate...)
Yeah , stole this from Reddit, other choice referenced genitals.

IKON wise, I need to skip given economics, covid and while they let you defer to next year it's not the pass but it's value, since I doubt I can get it's value this year, why time up my money for a year?

I am thinking local small hill, at $300 I really only need 1/2 doz days to make it worth while, while hopefully helping em.

2020 hasn't been an overly joyous year, I feel lucky given others much worse circumstances.

stiickler

Booting up
Skier
Held off and now I have VP discount offer. I crunched some numbers and looks like for shear ease of use the Ikon pass makes sense.
Help - clicking through from the email but I'm at the billing & payment section and still no discount applied. Can I click through to review & purchase without the trigger being pulled to see if the discount gets added then? Can't see the actual discount code in the email, just a box. :rolleyes:

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Held off and now I have VP discount offer. I crunched some numbers and looks like for shear ease of use the Ikon pass makes sense.
Help - clicking through from the email but I'm at the billing & payment section and still no discount applied. Can I click through to review & purchase without the trigger being pulled to see if the discount gets added then? Can't see the actual discount code in the email, just a box. :rolleyes:

In my email from IKON that I got on the 13th, it has a an "exclusive promo code" down the email a bit ... in a banner box.

Guessing one needs to apply it somewhere in the check out process.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
MY VIP email has the code in the banner box. Maybe something to do with your settings?

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'd suggest just calling em or chat ... if its available.

Maybe nightmode on browser?

See if cut and paste highlights any hidden text.

Sponsor