• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

PinnacleJim

Out on the slopes
Skier
When Killington was first taken over by POWDR, there were similar complaints by the locals and regulars. A change in the mountain president to one that had lots of Killngton experience, and a refocus back to the core values changed that. POWDR seems to give the local management a lot of operational control, with the capital budget each year being the thing the mountain has limited control over. Also Copper seems to have a generally happy set of locals and regulars. So looks to me like the issue is with Bachelor, not POWDR.

Jacques

Workin' It on Skis Best I Can
Skier
I have done 3 ski trips to Bachelor and I have found that it is quite common when sharing a chairlift ride with a local, they will not wait long to start bitching about the ski area management and how poorly they run the place.
Yea, locals know what's up!

Their IT & customer service is subpar. The lift service failures are almost a trademark. Always a day late & behind the 8 ball. What they do have are plenty of excuses. Poor performance starts at the top.
Unfortunate truth. They need to learn the greasing rule

Rule: A little grease more often is better than a lot of grease less often.

Jacques

Skier
When Killington was first taken over by POWDR, there were similar complaints by the locals and regulars. A change in the mountain president to one that had lots of Killngton experience, and a refocus back to the core values changed that. POWDR seems to give the local management a lot of operational control, with the capital budget each year being the thing the mountain has limited control over. Also Copper seems to have a generally happy set of locals and regulars. So looks to me like the issue is with Bachelor, not POWDR.

That's like saying sewer runs uphill! :doh: Flow is always from the high to the low. From top to bottom.

PinnacleJim

Out on the slopes
Skier
That's like saying sewer runs uphill! :doh: Flow is always from the high to the low. From top to bottom.
You're missing the point. POWDR gives local mountain management lots of control. They decide how to run the resort, manage the operating budget, etc. Compare that to the way Vail runs its resorts.

Jacques

Skier
You're missing the point. POWDR gives local mountain management lots of control. They decide how to run the resort, manage the operating budget, etc. Compare that to the way Vail runs its resorts.
Okay, so I figure they give Bachelor a few pieces of bubble gum to hold things together!
It's like here is your gum, now do what you want with it!
I will say since they brought their Woodward brand to the Mt. terrain parks are more and better than ever!
Lift maintenance, not so much. They will not pay enough to keep good people, and that's sad.
The grooming has been very limited for a while now as well. Trails that used to be wide are very narrow now. This got even worse with all the new area to groom at Cloudchaser. Many trails that used to be groomed just are not groomed anymore.
They need more cats and to also pay the operators enough to keep them around too.
Come to Bachelor, but don't say I did not warn you.

Sponsor

Staff online