• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

IKON Pass Announces Current Plans for Winter 2020-2021

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
IKON image.jpg
IKON PASS ANNOUNCES CURRENT PLAN THAT RESERVATIONS FOR LIFT ACCESS WILL NOT BE NECESSARY FOR MOST DESTINATIONS FOR WINTER 20/21

Denver, CO, September 14, 2020 - Most Ikon Pass destinations do not require reservations at this time for lift access to the 38 North American Ikon Pass destinations for winter 20/21. While these unprecedented times and rapidly evolving circumstances may cause plans to change without notice, currently most Ikon Pass destinations feel confident they can elevate the guest experience and eliminate the need for lift access reservations by addressing social distancing concerns through other operational changes.

In order to provide priority access to Ikon Pass holders, many destinations will temporarily regulate or eliminate a number of day ticket products in order to control resort visitation levels and avoid overcrowding. Access at Ikon Pass destinations will vary. For more details, visit Ikon Pass.

The health and safety of all guests and employees is a top priority for all Ikon Pass destinations and each will help minimize the risk of contagion by following all local and federal health and safety protocols. All guests should check with each destination prior to arrival to learn about face covering requirements, social distancing, and cleanliness and disinfection protocols and any other requirements that might impact their visit.

Ikon Pass is committed to communicating inevitable changes to all plans as soon as possible so Ikon Pass holders can adjust and plan accordingly. Visit ikonpass.com for more details.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Another Press Release

cid:image001.png@01D68A1F.118868E0

Statement from Alterra Mountain Company CEO Rusty Gregory on 20/21 Winter Operations

DENVER, CO, September 14, 2020 – The health and well-being of Alterra Mountain Company guests, employees, and local communities has and will always be our company’s highest priority. Since last winter’s resort closures, our teams have been working to develop operating plans and protocols designed to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. We are intently focused on complying with local, county, and state regulations and offering the best guest experience possible for the 20/21 season. The effectiveness of these plans will rely on your cooperation with our enforcement of face coverings, social distancing and crowd management on and off the mountain.

This effort starts with controlling resort visitation levels to avoid overcrowding. We are prioritizing access for season pass holders and will tightly regulate the number of daily lift tickets that will be available by advance purchase only. To this end, walk-up window sales will be eliminated, and the sale of most undated lift ticket products will be discontinued until further notice.

The pandemic has disrupted our lives in so many unpredictable ways. Medical professionals and scientists tell us that this constantly changing dynamic will likely continue until effective vaccines and therapeutics are developed and become available to the general public. Alterra Mountain Company and our destinations are committed to staying on top of the inevitable changes to come as best practices and health regulations throughout the two countries, six states, three Canadian provinces and 15 mountain communities in which we operate rapidly evolve. Our teams will communicate these changes to you as soon as possible so we can all adjust and plan accordingly.

Like you, I’m excited to get back to winter and the skiing and riding to come. These unprecedented times will continue to challenge us and will require tolerance and effort by all of us to help keep each other healthy and our destinations open for your enjoyment.

I look forward to seeing you on the mountain.

Rusty Gregory
Chief Executive Officer
Alterra Mountain Company

jdm00

Putting on skis
Skier
So no reservations for season pass holders but essentially reservations for non-pass holders because you can't buy walk-up passes or passes that don't specify a certain date. How do Ikon passes work? Do they already require a reservation at the various resorts, I assume?

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Erm some work to be done

Ikon website Reservation Required?

Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, WY
[TD]Open 11/26[/TD]
[TD]Yes[/TD]
[TD]See Details ❯
[/TD]

JHMR website after clicking through some pages to find buried in FAQ

I HAVE AN IKON PASS; DO I NEED TO MAKE A RESERVATION?×
Ikon has not made an announcement on their policy for reservations this upcoming season.

So Ikon has decided that they require a reservation for JH? But won't tell us about it?

Cmon Rusty up your game.

Marshall

Booting up
Skier
So.. about 1/3 of the resorts are either still trying to decide about reservations (or will require reservations), and the rest are not requiring them "at this time"? Is that the message?

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, the statement does say that most Ikon Pass destinations do not require reservations. I suppose if any resort would need reservations it would be Jackson.

Alterra may not have much influence over what the individual affiliate resorts do.

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I am fine if they don’t announce it yet, but work it out in the near future and give us a definitive answer, then we can start planning our winter.

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I just got an email directly from Winter Park that incorporates the same message and some of the verbiage as the Alterra message above and some specific WP info.

"The sale of the most undated lift ticket products will be discontinued until further notice" "Walk up window sales will be eliminated"

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
This is not the year for "planning our winter". I'm operating on the "take a wild guess and react to changes" method.
I'm thinking that might be my approach. Tremblant is no reservations. Yet if you click the link, you get the summertime reservation list for activities. But if the border remains closed, it really shouldn't be a problem. 2/3 of the traffic last year was at least from south of the border.

Snowflake2420

I70 is Life
Skier
I'm an A Basin passholder and just got an email Ikon passholders will need reservations after November 9 to be handled through an Ikon website.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
Statton says:

This effort starts with controlling resort visitation levels to avoid overcrowding. We are prioritizing access for season pass holders and will tightly regulate the number of daily lift tickets that will be available by advance purchase only. To this end, walk-up window sales will be eliminated, and the sale of most undated lift ticket products will be discontinued until further notice. Please visit stratton.com for more information regarding our policies.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
a little vague, what constitutes a season pass? IOW, if I have a full season pass at Steamboat but go to a resort that only has 7 days, do I need reservations? Same thing but for Steamboat. Those with limited days at the boat will or will not be required to reserve. Awaiting an announcement from Steamboat.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm an A Basin passholder and just got an email Ikon passholders will need reservations after November 9 to be handled through an Ikon website.
Does anyone know what's up with that November 9th date when A-basin will begin requiring reservations?

The timing seems odd since last I heard A-basin was still planning on opening in October, when possible. You'd think they would require reservations for the most crowded early weeks of the WROD.

Maybe a contract issue or the reservation system isn't done yet?

Snowflake2420

I70 is Life
Skier
Does anyone know what's up with that November 9th date when A-basin will begin requiring reservations?

The timing seems odd since last I heard A-basin was still planning on opening in October, when possible. You'd think they would require reservations for the most crowded early weeks of the WROD.

Good question and your answers all seem reasonable. While in the past on Epic, A Basin could get stupidly busy in early season I did not find that to be the case with Ikon. Sure there were a few Ikon passholders using them in the early season, but I'd be really surprised with Ikon passholders blowing their limited days in October or early November.

Rod9301

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Squaw pass holders will have priority.

Still powder days will suck, since they have not restricted the number of season passes sold.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Squaw pass holders will have priority.

Still powder days will suck, since they have not restricted the number of season passes sold.
For many of the Alterra related resorts the IKON pass is the season pass.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier

I think the last idea is correct.

JHMR is using the same date and saying pass system is via Ikon's website. Likely a centralized reservation system that resorts can opt into/out of on short notice.

Sponsor

Staff online