• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

How Deep Are Your Pockets?

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
My pockets are so big I can fit my skis and boots in them. That way I don't have to check them when flying.. :roflmao:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I will also point out the homebrew replaceable impact pad option.

1681836675442.png

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
:golfclap:

I hear this all the time, and complain about it myself. However, I'm really not sure how manufacturers would execute reasonable women's pockets. In order to have reasonable pockets, pants need to be baggy enough to accommodate the items being held in said pockets. How many women are willing to give up a slim figure for usable pockets? Personally, I am...but I also wear men's pants, or women's pants a size too big (so I can put things in my pockets...haha).
Yup. One of my favorite pair of pants is Kuhl's Mens Renegade Rock. They are tapered, I get compliments in them, and they have so many pockets!!!

I don't need super baggy, but at the bare minimum I think one's hands should fit past the the knuckles in the front pockets.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I think one's hands should fit past the the knuckles in the front pockets.

You are lucky to have a body that doesn't have the front pocket car seat/lift chair folding problem.

Other women do. Seen it, listened to the cursing, watched them unload *everything* onto the dash/console/map pocket before buckling seatbelts.

Massively annoying, even second-hand.

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
On a more serious note, I’m a less is more on board person at least on piste . Total pocket diet. The biggest thing I carry ( sometimes) is an 8oz water flask. One key, minimal wallet, phone ,map if I need it .

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I like to have many pockets on both my bibs and jacket. I do not carry anything in them, especially the pants but I like the feel of warm comfort knowing they are there. In case I need them. Which I never do. But it is good to know I have options.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
:golfclap:

I hear this all the time, and complain about it myself. However, I'm really not sure how manufacturers would execute reasonable women's pockets. In order to have reasonable pockets, pants need to be baggy enough to accommodate the items being held in said pockets. How many women are willing to give up a slim figure for usable pockets? Personally, I am...but I also wear men's pants, or women's pants a size too big (so I can put things in my pockets...haha).

Cargo pockets with bellows FTW.

norrona-lofoten-gore-tex-pro-pants-women-s-.jpg

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I do have some men's jackets for the pockets, but I'm long and a small usually fits me ok. Would be tough for shorter gals.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I need fewer and smaller pockets because I carry too much stuff.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
I hate having stuff in my pants pockets; maybe a trail map? I don't even put my phone or wallet in my pants pockets. I feel like anything "extra" in my pants pockets would interfere with my range-of-motion or just feel awkward in some fashion.

I'm curious now as to how voluminous my ski pant pockets are.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I hate having stuff in my pants pockets; maybe a trail map? I don't even put my phone or wallet in my pants pockets. I feel like anything "extra" in my pants pockets would interfere with my range-of-motion or just feel awkward in some fashion.

Exactly!
Anyone here ever seen Odermatt carrying something in his pants pockets while crushing gates? Nope. Mikaela? Hell no! That boyfriend of hers? Not a chance.

There you go then.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I keep hearing some Yankovician version of the BeeGees' "How Deep Is Your Love" in my head with this thread.

Sponsor

Staff online