• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

How Deep Are Your Pockets?

TS
James

James

Out There
Instructor
Too bad they don’t ship to Europe, this thread made me a believer :ogbiggrin:

Neither do Stio dammit…
You can use a forwarder. I used one years ago to ship a pair of skis to Belgium. He signed up, I shipped to that US address/company, they sent it far cheaper than any shipper. That Co got bought by Fedex I think.

Here’s one. I don’t have any experience with these guys.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I carry my wallet, car key, phone, ski straps, and goggle sock. If I ski with @Tricia I also carry her ski straps because there's no room for them in her pockets because she has a chicken tender in there. And women's clothing doesn't have a lot of/big enough pockets.
Women get screwed on pockets more often than anyone cares to admit.

Thanks for carrying my straps Andy!

Actually one of the reasons I like bibs is because bibs tend to have better pockets and better pocket placement.

It's not just about how big the pockets are but also where they are.
Speaking from a woman's point of view, placement in the hip area or boobs can be problematic.

*As a woman who tends to be curvy

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Do you think you could fit a can of Stillhouse in there?
That is the ultimate flask
IMG_7553.jpeg

TS
James

James

Out There
Instructor
750 ml and not a wine bottle is easy.

Mokapot and camp stove? seems about the only thing @James is missing.
Don’t have a Mokapot. My camp stove is huge, it’s an Optimus from the late 80’s or early 90’s in a metal box, the Hiker. Though that maybe a later name.

I did check, but it wont fit in without the pants on. It’s a 7in x 7in x 4 3/8in metal box. (17.8 x 17.8 x 11cm)

DebbieSue

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Actually one of the reasons I like bibs is because bibs tend to have better pockets and better pocket placement.

It's not just about how big the pockets are but also where they are.
Speaking from a woman's point of view, placement in the hip area or boobs can be problematic.

*As a woman who tends to be curvy
Ditto on this^^^
And *As a woman who is NOT curvy.
Love my FlyLow Foxy Bibs.
It seems in bibs the pockets are suspended, whereas in women’s pants anyway they are sewn in or tacked down to match contours.

I think the pockets in @James magic pants must be suspended or are the whole inside panel.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Last edited:

Mel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Totally agree on how bad the pockets in so many women’s pants are. I have some that have two tiny useless pockets on the back, and NO OTHERS. While I bought them because they were deeply on sale and in a fun colour, I would expect a LOT more if I had paid the original full price. And they were a “real” ski brand (as opposed to a more “fashion” brand aimed at a younger age bracket more stylish than me!).

I love bibs for the same reason, and just got some HH powder Queen bibs that have large and numerous pockets. Maybe not several kilos of flour large, but I will make do.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
This is already thread of the summer.

Surely the most important thing is pocket meat capacity?

k2rider

Getting on the lift
Skier
I never carry anything in my pants pockets while boarding...or mountain biking. I have numerous friends who have smashed their cell phone screens from crashing with a phone in their pants/shorts pockets.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have a couple of Strafe pants and had no idea of the potential storage solutions. Thanks goodness for this thread!

Sponsor