• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Great Guitarists

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Bonnie Raitt - excellent slide player.

There are a couple of young female shredders around can't remember their names... Oriantha maybe.

Nancy Wilson is an excellent rhythm player.

Samantha Fish is a pretty good bluesey rock player.

Couple guys I missed in previous posts.

Junior brown and his home made "guitsteel" Penned some fun tunes too: On The Highway Patrol and, of course, MY Wife Thinks You're Dead.

Red Volkaert, another master of the telecaster.

+1 on Elliot Easton, some very intricate and original solos as well as great hooks. Freaking lefty.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Best inversion guitar... (right strung guitar played upside down)
Doyle Bramhall with Roger Waters..

Best inversion bass

Waymon Tisdale (RIP). Also a hell of a basketball player.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Glen Campbell

Forgot about GC. He was a regular session player and member of the loose group of musicians in LA knows as The Wrecking Crew who played on just about everybody's records back in the 60's. Glen was probably the only one who could not read music. What they said about him though was you just had to play a song for him once and he had it.

Great book btw, The Wrecking Crew. Much better than the documentary.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
And so does Dolly Parton
We saw her several years ago in Reno. She is a wonderful entertainer. You just want to go up and chat with her. She played, I think, 13 instruments that night and all at a high level. Her story telling is just amazing. And from everything I've read, she is just a great person.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Anybody mention Roy Clark? He played guitar and banjo right? Probably so but don't recall seeing it when I quickly scrolled through.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
We saw her several years ago in Reno. She is a wonderful entertainer. You just want to go up and chat with her. She played, I think, 13 instruments that night and all at a high level. Her story telling is just amazing. And from everything I've read, she is just a great person.
Legit American Treasure!

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
Eric Johnson. I don't know a lot about guitar playing but the tone and how clean this is blows me away. As one comment said, "I can play that. From the part where he said Thank You."

Had the privilege of seeing Eric Johnson this January in Salt Lake City at a small club (The State Room). It was his first date of a planned 2020 tour, so plenty of energy from Eric and his band. He played two sets, with over 20 songs total. Hearing "Cliffs of Dover" live was fantastic; at least 9 minutes long. First heard of Eric from the G3 album from about 1997.

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Had the privilege of seeing Eric Johnson this January in Salt Lake City at a small club (The State Room). It was his first date of a planned 2020 tour, so plenty of energy from Eric and his band. He played two sets, with over 20 songs total. Hearing "Cliffs of Dover" live was fantastic; at least 9 minutes long. First heard of Eric from the G3 album from about 1997.
I first heard of him on the Wii Guitar Hero. Cliffs of Dover was the song and it was like, whoa!

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Molly Tuttle, another great bluegrasser who happens to be female.

Here she is demoing a new model for Fender.

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Surprised nobody has mentioned Joe Bonamassa. He did an interesting concert at Carnegie Hall, this song with an amazing cellist:

Wow! That was some smokin' cello!

Why are cellos better than violins? They burn longer.

Sponsor

Staff online