• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
It was like Christmas morning, the Fed-Ex truck showed up with my delivery from Corbetts !

My wife has never had brand new skis, so she will be rocking some Santa Ana 88 next season ( thanks @GregK for the advice ). She is also happy about her new LEKI Trigger poles. Me, I get new & used ski crap all the time, so the novelty factor isn't there, but a great day none-the-less.

Now you get to stare at them, flex them and try them on for the next 7 months! :roflmao:

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It was like Christmas morning, the Fed-Ex truck showed up with my delivery from Corbetts !

My wife has never had brand new skis, so she will be rocking some Santa Ana 88 next season ( thanks @GregK for the advice ). She is also happy about her new LEKI Trigger poles. Me, I get new & used ski crap all the time, so the novelty factor isn't there, but a great day none-the-less.

Congrats! I love that new ski feeling.

I don't remember; did you place your order before or after Corbetts said they'd be shut down for 4-6 weeks?

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I placed my order on March 23, the week before the shutdown. Corbetts and their nearby warehouse are only a 45-50min drive from me and I offered to pickup, but they said better to ship. I expected them to be out the door in 2-3 days but hadn't heard anything, then emailed, and got the reply that they were shutdown. So they must have fully closed their warehouse at that point for shipping. Ontario is still officially shutdown for non-essential services. But they must have started up some of their warehouse operations again to process orders / backlog. Interestingly my shipment originated from Woodbridge Ontario, not Oakville, so they must have a facility there too.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks, ARL67. I'm sure their backlog must be huge at this point.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Utahskis.com seemed a little sketchy but got a great deal and they took 5 days to ship to Boston. Good service. Bases are flat too. Make sure to sign up for email Before buying to get the discount.

The mail is a big highlight these days. Wife got yoga pants on Monday, kids skis on Wednesday and today we got chilli powder and oregano from target.

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My pal in Connecticut just texted me that got his Sweet Protection Grimnir helmet today, so they are getting stuff out to the USA.

Jack Lake

Putting on skis
Skier
Me too. I bought my wife a pair of Kenjas last year from them. Good service and shipping was quick.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Soo Picked up some armada 96 and 116JJ on sale, and K2 poacher! so STOKED to try them! some resorts here are open, kinda sucks you gotto drive 4 hours, but considering it.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Soo Picked up some armada 96 and 116JJ on sale, and K2 poacher! so STOKED to try them! some resorts here are open, kinda sucks you gotto drive 4 hours, but considering it.

We drive 4 hours every other weekend. 3 1/2 if we leave after 8 on friday.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I drive an EV! 4 hours is friggin long ;)
I have 3 resorts within 15 minutes.. so guess we are kinda spoiled, the best one at 2 hours away, I was there yesterday, but lifts closed.

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Utahski.com is legit. Dealt with them many times over the years. Great customer service.
They are local to me and I buy from them regularly.
Not that it’s available today and they don’t advertise it, in store prices are better than the website.
Tuning supplies are replacement parts for Hotronic warmers are usually what I get from them.
I have also bought a couple used demo skis as well.

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
They are local to me and I buy from them regularly.
Not that it’s available today and they don’t advertise it, in store prices are better than the website.
Tuning supplies are replacement parts for Hotronic warmers are usually what I get from them.
I have also bought a couple used demo skis as well.
edit-I was referring to utahskigear.com for tuning supplies, Hotronics, and demo skis. They have an Amazon presence and a single location on 9400 S. In Sandy.
I have purchased a couple other demos from utahskis.com as well. They have 15ish locations branded Ski n See in Salt Lake County.

chopchop

so many skis, so little time
Skier
edit-I was referring to utahskigear.com for tuning supplies, Hotronics, and demo skis. They have an Amazon presence and a single location on 9400 S. In Sandy.
I have purchased a couple other demos from utahskis.com as well. They have 15ish locations branded Ski n See in Salt Lake County.

Quick turn-around on tunes, etc., too.

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
I haven't been in the market long enough to know the trends, can you guys chime in? Would this be a good time to pick up a pair of Stockli Laser AR's or would next year in the spring bring about much cheaper closeouts? Can't seem to see any deals below $1k for them, but I remember Lindsey saying something about dealers not being able to discount a new ski till the second year?

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I haven't been in the market long enough to know the trends, can you guys chime in? Would this be a good time to pick up a pair of Stockli Laser AR's or would next year in the spring bring about much cheaper closeouts? Can't seem to see any deals below $1k for them, but I remember Lindsey saying something about dealers not being able to discount a new ski till the second year?

Nobody knows in this time of Corona.

Usually you end up paying full boat for Stocklis because they sell out and there are few to none leftover to be closed out.
But it is unknown what the demand is going to be like next year; but it is also unknown what the supply is going to be like next year either.

However, if you contact Stockli dealers directly you may be able to get a better deal versus what they can advertise publicly. There are also ways they can help you in a bundle by discounting the binding/mounting/shipping for you but the sales price of the ski line item follows the "rules".

If you want a used demo there are few channels available for that at discount price.

Last edited:

chopchop

so many skis, so little time
Skier

I can't speak of that brand specifically, but I grabbed two pairs of 2020 model skis on deep discount recently. Deals are definitely out there. That's a premium brand so not sure what your expectations for a discount are. I found 'em for $874 here.

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Try reaching out to Ski Sharp. Just bought Stormriders for them a few weeks ago. https://www.skisharp.com/index.php/stockli-skis

Brad J

Out on the slopes
Skier
Try reaching out to Ski Sharp. Just bought Stormriders for them a few weeks ago.
I second that, Its the only brand he sells , he is a great dealer that is very knowledgeable, I bought a pair end of January, very nice ski, Good east coast daily driver

Sponsor

Staff online