• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@TheArchitect did you see these ???

Yes. Thanks for flagging them for me, though. Freddo PM'd me offering them for sale a couple days ago. I thought hard about it but decided that 164cm was the right size for me. I ended up buying a pair of 2019 demo skis in 164 from Powder7 for a great price

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My first attempt to purchase the skis from Corbett's was a failure. It looked like the charge went through but I never completed my checkout. I didn't get a confirmation and today the skis and bindings were still in my cart.

So I tried again today. The same thing happened. Again, I was charged but never managed to complete the transaction.

I wrote Corbett's a note but I have no idea whether anyone is working in Customer Service. I guess I'll try calling them tomorrow.

Any thoughts about what I'm doing wrong? I have tried to pay through my credit card and also through PayPal.

Help!!!

Vinnie

Getting on the lift
Skier
My first attempt to purchase the skis from Corbett's was a failure. It looked like the charge went through but I never completed my checkout. I didn't get a confirmation and today the skis and bindings were still in my cart.

So I tried again today. The same thing happened. Again, I was charged but never managed to complete the transaction.

I wrote Corbett's a note but I have no idea whether anyone is working in Customer Service. I guess I'll try calling them tomorrow.

Any thoughts about what I'm doing wrong? I have tried to pay through my credit card and also through PayPal.

Help!!!
Give them a call tomorrow. I’ve had great customer service from them.

TS
dovski

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Give them a call tomorrow. I’ve had great customer service from them.
I would call them or use their live chat support to figure this out. Also check to make sure your credit card company is not blocking the purchase as it will show up as a foreign transaction in their system.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I would call them or use their live chat support to figure this out. Also check to make sure your credit card company is not blocking the purchase as it will show up as a foreign transaction in their system.
This is a good reason to have alert texts set up with your credit card provider. We recently ordered something fairly expensive online and immediately got a "valid? yes/no" text from our bank. If we hadn't had the phone with us and seen the alert, the transaction would have just mysteriously failed.

On the other hand, I've had transactions generate a "fail" messge on the web that actually went through.

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks, I used their live chat and got through very quickly. I tried the transaction again and this time I was told that my chosen bindings are sold out. I will search for a different binding and try again.

Maybe the universe is trying to tell me that this purchase is not meant to be.

Kyle

Out on the slopes
Skier
Maybe the universe is trying to tell me that this purchase is not meant to be.

Maybe. I had my most serious ski injury after having to return to my house twice--first to retrieve my season pass and a second to get the right jacket. To add insult to injury, on the last trip I stopped and talked to my neighbors who were out shoveling snow and said something to the effect of "if I get hurt today, it is because I am not paying attention to what the universe is trying to tell me."

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
Should of, would of, could of. What gets me is when "everything" is going too smooth. Hmmm.

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well...I selected a different binding and tried again. I seem to have bought new skis and bindings last night... finally.

Time will tell...

Henry

Out on the slopes
Skier
Another plug for Corbetts. Prices are very good. They post that their warehouse is locked down for the duration of the virus crisis, maybe 4 or 6 more weeks. Doesn't really matter at this point in this season.

I ordered skis shipped to the U.S. from Corbett's operation in Canada. Free shipping, no sales tax, but the Paypal exchange rate is expensive, something like a 7% foreign transaction fee. Use your credit card instead of Paypal if you can, but check in advance whether your card charges a foreign transaction fee--some do, some don't. ln any case, it's still a great price.

TS
dovski

dovski

Skier
Corbetts comes through again. They just dropped prices on a bunch of their skis. Just picked up a pair of Head Kore 87 skis with Look NX 10 bindings for my son. Total cost in USD was $237.

They also just dropped the price on the Volkl Mantra JR ski to about $126 USD along with similar pricing on all their other kids and JR high performance skis. At these prices it is basically cheaper to buy than rent plus when your kids outgrow the skis you can easily sell them and recoup most of what you paid :)

1586984403817.png

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hmm both my daughters are in beater hand me downstairs and could probably use new skis.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Corbetts comes through again. They just dropped prices on a bunch of their skis. Just picked up a pair of Head Kore 87 skis with Look NX 10 bindings for my son. Total cost in USD was $237.

They also just dropped the price on the Volkl Mantra JR ski to about $126 USD along with similar pricing on all their other kids and JR high performance skis. At these prices it is basically cheaper to buy than rent plus when your kids outgrow the skis you can easily sell them and recoup most of what you paid :)

View attachment 99968

Well, right now, anyway, their site is unusably slow.

TS
dovski

dovski

Skier
Well, right now, anyway, their site is unusably slow.

Maybe it is your internet connection or configuration, I am not having any issues on my end. Site works well and there was a live person online available to chat with you and provide sales support. But most importantly screaming good deals on great gear.

TS
dovski

dovski

Skier
Now if we could get an update on when they'll be able to start shipping again ogsmile
So I received one of my orders last week but I think that one squeezed through before they had to shut down their warehouse. All the gear I am buying is for next season, so actually quite happy for them to store in their warehouse as opposed to me storing it in my garage :)

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So I received one of my orders last week but I think that one squeezed through before they had to shut down their warehouse. All the gear I am buying is for next season, so actually quite happy for them to store in their warehouse as opposed to me storing it in my garage :)

I don't neeeed the skis right now. I just waaaaant them. Toys for Boys.

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Now that is just crazy talk I am not sure I can relate to that ;)
View attachment 100030
That said if you look closely you will note that my family quiver has space for at least 4 more pairs of skis .... but I need all of them!!

I'm really glad I don't have that much room to store skis. I'm pretty sure I'd find an excuse to fill it.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid