• Farm Animal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Skunk

Votes: 19 23.2%
  • Wolf

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • Coyote

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Bugs (mosquitos, ticks, and other tiny nuisance)

Votes: 15 18.3%
  • Other

Votes: 12 14.6%

• Total voters

VickieH

Out on the slopes
Skier
I was at Congaree National Park in South Carolina earlier this year and learned about the feral pigs there. They have tested some of the pigs and found as many as 75 diseases in them. The meat is not used when pigs there are killed.

SShore

Resident Curmudgeon
Skier
We were camping with our neighbors in Island Park a couple of weeks ago. She was walking her dogs around the campground loop and a female moose came out of the willows head down and feet flailing at them less than 30 yards from where their trailer was parked. She ran behind a tree and called her dogs back and came and told me about the attack. She thought maybe it was a bull but wasn't sure because it happened so fast. We looked over towards where it happened and saw a shape through the trees so I went to investigate and found them. I guess Momma Moose didn't like two dogs getting near baby moose.
IMG_4239.jpg

SShore

Resident Curmudgeon
Skier
It is getting crazy around here. The Grizzlies have invaded the Gravley Range in force, three attacks in a week. A month or so ago eight cows died up there from eating too much larkspur. For whatever reason, they were left there and it became a smorgsbrod for the bears. I heard the Forest Service counted 17 bears feasting on those cows.

I have been fishing the Ruby for years where the creek drainage the two attacks on the same day happened enters the Ruby, mostly by myself. These attacks were much higher up the drainage but still, don't think I will be fishing that spot alone and without bear spray in the future.

Last edited:

Advertisement