• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cover Me: Best cover songs, some better than the original?

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Ok I prefer the original, just needed an excuse to post Elvis Costello :cool:

I love them both. I forgot Elvis Costello was ever that young!
The Rondstadt cover was how I found New Wave in 1979. It was considered somehow inapppropriate and in-authentic for her to be doing New Wave covers.
She also lead me into Little Feat.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
I heard this on the radio and I thought it was surprising and actually better than the original. Studio version sounded different from this video, btw.

da-cat

Hoarders Anonymous
Skier
I don’t have a link to share about my favorite cover but what happened was I usually buy a CD from random bar singers especially if I have been enjoying their music. So at Hilton Head Island there was a guy singing all the beach favorites one night and I had his CD in my car for a while weeks later.
Then I heard Don McClean singing American Pie - but I was used to, and began enjoying, the cover on my CD even more! Lol

Meanwhile for all you gear heads:

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
:micdrop::eek::huh:

:ogcool:
I love the song, it really brings me back but jeez I would've thought after all of these years my ears would finally be able to handle the abrasive work of those deaf sound engineers:nono:

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
I cant wait to see the flack this gets.

Its sounds better to my ears, and I kinda of hate her pop music.

obscure but my inner Appalachian hilly billy loves this

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Its sounds better to my ears, and I kinda of hate her pop music.
Dolly is her godmother. Miley is one of those people who have talent but it gets obscured by the weirdness. It's a shame.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Van Morrison OWNS this rendition of Comfortably Numb.

Chef23

Getting on the lift
Skier
Dolly is her godmother. Miley is one of those people who have talent but it gets obscured by the weirdness. It's a shame.

I love that cover also. Not a huge Miley fan but I do
I love them both. I forgot Elvis Costello was ever that young!
The Rondstadt cover was how I found New Wave in 1979. It was considered somehow inapppropriate and in-authentic for her to be doing New Wave covers.
She also lead me into Little Feat.

This was cool. Elvis might still be my favorite artist and Alison my favorite song. I wanted to name my daughter Alison but got overruled by my wife.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
This was cool. Elvis might still be my favorite artist and Alison my favorite song. I wanted to name my daughter Alison but got overruled by my wife.
We saw Elvis Costello in a concert when he had the big wheel of songs he would spin a few times to pick the next song. At one point he brought a young woman up from the audience to spin. In the pre-spin banter, she introduced herself as Allison. When it came time to spin she said "OK, I'll spin, but you ARE going to play Allison."

Later in the show he brought someone else up and she said her name was Veronica. Elvis does a comic take to the audience and she says "just kidding, it's Mary."

Sponsor

Staff online