• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Costco and Sam's Club, how I love thee....

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We have both BJs and Costco memberships.
-
Yeah, I'm all about retail therapy but something about the formers branding doesn't work for me.
It's like, post shopping and struck by a case of buyers remorse, the name, Costco, gets me thinking, well that cost me, not to terrible to get over right? BJ's ... yeah, (apologies to the mods if the following pushes our first amendment),
:facepalm: suffice to say I do have a Costco membership, only Costco.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Yeah..still not getting it.
I guess unless you have tried it you won't. Maybe you just have to take a leap of faith, I did on a friends recommendation and I liked it. As the old saying goes "Try it, you'll like it".

Reactions: BC.
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I guess unless you have tried it you won't. Maybe you just have to take a leap of faith, I did on a friends recommendation and I liked it. As the old saying goes "Try it, you'll like it".
They said that about turkey bacon....uh....no.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Yeah..still not getting it.

I think you missed the point. Please allow me to have a @cantunamunch moment and help you out with this one. The man is a "purists" and as such like the famous pizzeria "Da Michele" in Via C. Sersale that consider there to be only two true pizzas, marinara and margherita, of which is all that they serve and the ones preferred by many Italians today.
:wine::wine:

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Turkey Bacon, talk about an epic fail. But not everything new is a fail
Not everything new is improved...let alone good. You can do what you want with cauliflower..just don't call it pizza. that also goes for what they try to do in Chicago...thats not pizza either. While I am on my soapbox, no pineapple/ham and for the love of all that is sacred and holy...no ranch dressing.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I'm sorry Phil, I'm not sure we can ever share a meal because I love all things cauliflower, including pizza crust made with such. I also love hawaiian pizza and a side of ranch with my pizza is perfect. I am however, not a fan of chicago style pizza. I also love bacon A LOT!!! Hopefully the latter points will save me a little. ;)

laine

I ski like a girl. Fast.
Skier
Not everything new is improved...let alone good. You can do what you want with cauliflower..just don't call it pizza. that also goes for what they try to do in Chicago...thats not pizza either. While I am on my soapbox, no pineapple/ham and for the love of all that is sacred and holy...no ranch dressing.

Amen!

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
just don't call it pizza. that also goes for what they try to do in Chicago...thats not pizza either.

That atrocity they perpetuate in Chicago is not pizza. It's tomato soup in a bread bowl. A direct cousin to the chili in the bread bowl found in ski hill cafeterias.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
That atrocity they perpetuate in Chicago is not pizza. It's tomato soup in a bread bowl. A direct cousin to the chili in the bread bowl found in ski hill cafeterias.

2 of the lawyers I used to work with were Chicagoans and they liked this chicago style restaurant near our offices in California. I tried it once, twice maybe but one slice and I was done eating for HOURS feeling like I had a brick in my belly. They gave us a lot of grief because we'd go with them but would always order something other than pizza.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier

But then there's BLT pizza, light on the mayonnaise.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
2 of the lawyers I used to work with were Chicagoans and they liked this chicago style restaurant near our offices in California. I tried it once, twice maybe but one slice and I was done eating for HOURS feeling like I had a brick in my belly. They gave us a lot of grief because we'd go with them but would always order something other than pizza.
The Chicago-style pizza in California is not good (except here in Sacramento area Chicago Fire is pretty decent). I love Chicago pizza. Maybe you have to live there to appreciate it.

Sponsor

Staff online