• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Costco and Sam's Club, how I love thee....

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The best pizza I've had was in Buenos Aires. Must be all the Italian immigrants.

wallyk

Would rather be ski'n
Skier
Only Sam's Club never Costco........spent 2 years in northwest AR home of Walmart. Both the company, Walton family, and other employees have given back to the community in a very large and visible way. That company has helped a lot of people in AR and has brought a economic development and jobs to a very rural and poor state........

BUT recently I had to pivot Sam's stores. My oldest 12 year old daughter told me two weeks ago that the Sam's in Bloomington, MN "looks like a place where something bad can happen." She was right.......dodgy crowd there. Now I make the drive over to Savage, slightly farther away but an entirely different, read improved, experience!!!

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
FIFY. Head south, make a right on Rt.80 and a short 780 miles east. Easy peasy...fuggetaboutit.
I don't think I've ever had pizza on the East Coast. Haven't spent much time in NYC. There are a few NY style pizza places here and in the Bay Area, and it's ok...

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I don't think I've ever had pizza on the East Coast. Haven't spent much time in NYC. There are a few NY style pizza places here and in the Bay Area, and it's ok...
We have a place in Reno that is pretty damn good.

laine

I ski like a girl. Fast.
Skier
@luliski - There are also a couple places in SF/Oakland.

But for NYC, if we're talking a slice - Joe's Pizza on Carmine (also on 14th Street). So good.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
My food is safe!!!!! I don't eat beef or pork so yours is too!!!!!

LOL, we just had uncured turkey bacon, tomato and avocado lettuce wraps the other night for dinner. I do like pork bacon, I just don't eat it.

I have a cauliflower crust pizza from Trader Joes in the freezer right now, lol. A great thin crust brick oven pizza, or one we make at home with my killer homemade sauce is preferred, but cauliflower crust pizza is pretty good. Not like mayonnaise and mustard which are disgusting.
My Wisconsin wife invented the Packer Pizza using all ingredients from her home state. Her homemade crust with a brown mustard/oil base, bratwurst, onions, cheddar cheese, and sauerkraut. Great for Sunday's watching you know who. Not my team, but the pizza is good! She also makes regular thin crust pizza.

Last edited:

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

But for NYC, if we're talking a slice - Joe's Pizza on Carmine (also on 14th Street). So good.
If I have pizza in Oakland or Berkeley, it's usually Zachary's Chicago Pizza. It's not quite as good as pizza in Chicago, but it's pretty good. And I like their thin crust pizza too.

Some day, I'll go to NYC and have the real deal...what is it that makes it so good?

laine

I ski like a girl. Fast.
Skier
If I have pizza in Oakland or Berkeley, it's usually Zachary's Chicago Pizza. It's not quite as good as pizza in Chicago, but it's pretty good. And I like their thin crust pizza too.

Some day, I'll go to NYC and have the real deal...what is it that makes it so good?

@luliski - There is much better thin slice in Oakland/Berkeley than Zachary's:
Gioia or Arinell in Berkeley
Leaning Tower or Spinning Dough in Oakland

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@luliski - There is much better thin slice in Oakland/Berkeley than Zachary's:
Gioia or Arinell in Berkeley
Leaning Tower or Spinning Dough in Oakland
Will have to try, thanks. I used to like The Cheeseboard (think that's what it was called).

laine

I ski like a girl. Fast.
Skier

For the record, this is my phone home screen - Joe's Pizza. Before moving to the Bay Area, I grew up in NJ and after college, I lived in NYC for 11 years. So I know my slice. I have pizza cred.

IMG_421F09C07D40-1.jpeg

Sponsor

Staff online