• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Comfortable snow boots…

MikeW Philly

Getting off the lift
Skier
I’m due for some new winter boots this year. in general, but especially for the away trips, there is nothing better than a truly comfortable pair of boots for après ski. Anybody have any good recommendation?

For this purchase it’s more about comfort than true winter boots (I’ve got a heavy pair), so I want water resistant but it doesn’t have ot hold up to all day in the snow. Just something comfortable for the bar and the walk back afterwards.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

I’m wearing mine right now. They are great indoors and out, or get two pairs: one for in and one for out.

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
If it's for après/walking around town/walking from the car and back, I'm a big fan of "snow sneakers" from sorel, merrell, or forsake

current pair is from forsake

Last edited:
TS
M

MikeW Philly

Getting off the lift
Skier

I’m wearing mine right now. They are great indoors and out, or get two pairs: one for in and one for out.
Out of stock right now in my sizes but I’ll keep my eyes on it.
If it's for après/walking around town/walking from the car and back, I'm a big fan of "snow sneakers" from sorel, merrell, or forsake

current pair is from forsake

It’s funny I had a pair of forsakes up when you posted. Do you have the full sneaker (waterproof) or are you referencing the sneaker boot? Something like this?

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
Out of stock right now in my sizes but I’ll keep my eyes on it.

It’s funny I had a pair of forsakes up when you posted. Do you have the full sneaker (waterproof) or are you referencing the sneaker boot? Something like this?
My current pair are these (sneaker):
I've had a pair of the sneakerboots before - they're good, but it's not what I wanted/need

Wade

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Take a look at Pajar boots. They have a bunch of winter boot models that are sneaker based, and I find them to be very comfortable.

newboots

Learning to carve!
Skier
Keens low hikers if it’s wet, Birkenstock Boston’s with a heavy wool sock if it’s mostly dry.

I love my Keens (low hikers and boots and winter boots) for the wide toebox, but except for the winter boots (women's model) they aren't the most comfy things to put on my feet; they're hikers. I don't see an equivalent snow boot on their website for men. Mine are at least 4 years old, anyhow.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Keen. Lightweight, insulated, waterproof but don't smother your feet, good arch support. Great for walking in, hiking in, great tread for snow grip.

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Keen and Foresake are my go-to's. Keen boot if I need to walk through deeper snow, and Foresake high-top-sneaker-boot for a slightly more stylish bar/après boot. For what it's worth, my Foresake boots are generally the only shoe I bring when I travel for skiing...it's low-key enough to wear through an airport, but waterproof enough to handle walking around any ski town in.

SwedishFish

~~~ <°)))>< ~~~~
Skier

Just got a pair of these. Wore them this morning taking my son to school, I love them.

Looks like level9 sports has them in all sizes right now:

https://www.levelninesports.com/full-tilt-après-bootie-1-0-2022/?_br_psugg_q=full+tilt+après

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
Lowa has a pair of winter boots with a special rubber compound for ice. Comfy as slippers, but super utility as well. They are my go-to on ski road trips. Those, flip flops for the hot tub and yoga, ski boots and I am set.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Bogs. Very warm, waterproof, good tread, comfortable, and they wear like iron.They have some low-cut ones that are good for your purpose.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I had never heard of Forsake but just snagged a barely used pair of their Tract Mid on Poshmark. Looking forward to trying them.

TS
M

MikeW Philly

Getting off the lift
Skier
Keen and Foresake are my go-to's. Keen boot if I need to walk through deeper snow, and Foresake high-top-sneaker-boot for a slightly more stylish bar/après boot. For what it's worth, my Foresake boots are generally the only shoe I bring when I travel for skiing...it's low-key enough to wear through an airport, but waterproof enough to handle walking around any ski town in.

And this is 100% the use case I was thinking of. When I fly west I like to put boots, clothes and helmet and gear all in carry on. This typically means i need to wear the one pair of boots I’m bringing (besides some flip flops for hotel/spa Deal). Something that is comfortable through airport / drive and yet water proof enough for ski town and walking around in snow. Those high tops forsakes appear to hit the mark but can’t tell how comfortable they are.

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Those high tops forsakes appear to hit the mark but can’t tell how comfortable they are.
Not sure what they have on the men's side, but I have the Foresake Lucie and I find it comfortable. Decent arch support and cushion. The toe box could be ever-so-slightly larger to have a little extra room, but overall I enjoy them and would buy again (i.e. will buy another pair once mine are dead). The footbed is removeable, so you can always swap it for something else if you're not happy with the support.

Eric@ict

Out on the slopes
Skier
I love my Keens (low hikers and boots and winter boots) for the wide toebox, but except for the winter boots (women's model) they aren't the most comfy things to put on my feet; they're hikers. I don't see an equivalent snow boot on their website for men. Mine are at least 4 years old, anyhow.
My true snow/winter boots are either my Danners or Sorrel. Most time my keens cover the need. My wife swears by her UGGs for winter boot. Uggs make a boot with a rubber lower and leather upper with UGG lining. The look very similar to a Bean boot.

newboots

Learning to carve!
Skier
Yes, UGGs! The comfiest boots on the planet. Not for support, just for surrounding your feet with fleecy wonderfulness.

Sponsor

Staff online