• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Classic Rock YES! ( and others..) What are you listening to right now?

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
What? No Moody Blues? I'll fix that...

Cheryl and I got to see them at the Del Mar Fair a couple of years ago... Awesome! (IIRC, "Ride My See-Saw" was used in the soundtrack of a surf movie to great effect.)

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
What? No Moody Blues? I'll fix that...

Cheryl and I got to see them at the Del Mar Fair a couple of years ago... Awesome! (IIRC, "Ride My See-Saw" was used in the soundtrack of a surf movie to great effect.)
That brings back some memories, don't have time to say more because I have to "Go Now"

Last edited:
TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I've seen them twice. Jones Beach mid 80s.. A couple years ago at the community theater up the street.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
RIP Robert Hunter of the Grateful Dead. I'm not that knowledgeable about the Dead, but enjoy them as a casual listener. Was he the next most important member after Jerry Garcia?
Had a college roommate that played the Working Man's Dead album incessantly when it first came out. Love this tune from it, Robert Hunter lyricist:
(Oops, just read that Hunter never really performed much with the band, strictly lyricist for a number of great tunes.)

Last edited:

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
The Rolling Stones track One Hit (To The Body) on their 1986 Dirty Works album, arguably at the peak of their careers. The closest Jagger then age 43 comes to actually dancing on any of their commercial music videos. In the video his dancing is somewhat hidden by doing so with momentary clips. On my current MP3 player most played list, it is the third song and is one I'll bump ski to.

A month ago I did attend their concert here at Levi Stadium and had a terrific time. They opened with Jumpin' Jack Flash with Jagger showing why he is still considered the best dancer of any classic rock front men.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I started up Pandora to listen to some music while I did PT and the last thing I heard was apparently Warren Zevon - Excitable Boy. Then in juxtaposition, I started with Warren - Life'll Kill Ya.

Reactions: cjm

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
There is an unsung rockabilly guitar god from my native Virginia that I really enjoy listening to from time to time. His name is Cliff Gallup (1930-1988). He's primarily known for a rather small catalog of 35 tunes he played lead guitar on during a short recording career with Gene Vincent and the Blue Caps in 1956 and 1957.
The song Catman features some of his stunning early rockabilly guitar work. The accompanying video features a stunning young pin-up gal:

Sponsor

Staff online