• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
And The Hump had islands of trees. I remember skiing the T-Bar line during Camelback's first All-Night Ski.

That top part of Hump (and maybe Asp? Not sure...) always seemed like a tangled mess to me. But now it's just a straight shot down, pretty boring few seconds. That's my chief complaint about many areas, they take away anything that gives a run character.

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Just going by the webcams, Snow is being made on Asp, Looks like Cleopatra from the top down to Home Again and in to the base area, and some stuff over off Glen lift. (Rodo would be a candidate with probably the best guns on the mountain). Can't see the east side. I'm kind of fascinated that Marjies, Rocket and Big Pocono don't look like they've been touched. I have to think that maybe they are trying to get Nile Mile open (maybe Pharoah for the park) on the east side.

Hopefully this is a decently long window to get some terrain open. I'll find out Sunday.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
It looks like they'll have great snowmaking temps for the next week....20's every night, most days not out of the 30's. Conditions should be nice this weekend....at least for an hour or so LOL

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Day 1 in the books. 4 to 5 (depending upon how you want to count them) runs or combination of routes down the mountain. A couple of more on tap to come on line this week and several under the guns. 1/2 or maybe just under that open by the end of this window late this week. Conditions a mixed bag of slick to really nice at spots (story of the Pocono's isn't it? ) Off season training feeling like it paid off with 15 runs and no screaming muscles. Day 2 Thursday afternoon.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
That top part of Hump (and maybe Asp? Not sure...) always seemed like a tangled mess to me. But now it's just a straight shot down, pretty boring few seconds. That's my chief complaint about many areas, they take away anything that gives a run character.
Yes, taking the turn out of the bottom of Margies. All of the turns out of Asp and the same with the Hump. They took trails and made them alleys.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
Yes, taking the turn out of the bottom of Margies. All of the turns out of Asp and the same with the Hump. They took trails and made them alleys.

Gives all the cool kids a chance to straight line every run on the mountain.

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier

Mostly done for snow making purposes. No snow making, no skiing in the Pocono's.

Doesn't make much difference to me. I like the runs, as short as they are, being straight shots down with little or no intersections at all. One of the reasons that I am so gung ho for the "ELIMINATION" of Honeymoon Lane. Would rather see it ski more like the top of Belleayre in NY state.

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Day 2 in the books. They made pretty good progression with this cold snap and now have 19 trails open (5 or 6 t2b routes depending how you count them) and snow on several more, including the new one Scarab. It's short but looks like it will be a fun little drop down into the Pocono Raceway/Glen lift area and a nice little addition. They were hammering Nile Mile and Julius/Little Ceaser (trying to get the east side going) till about 2 today when they shut everything down. Conditions were for the most part pretty decent and I got 19 or 20 runs in. A much better start to the year this year over last.

Sponsor

Staff online