• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

frontfive

Ski Adventure 19/20
Contributor
Just a heads up Expo on Saturday is crazy crowded. I go every year & have never come home disappointed or empty handed. Happy to share the $3 off promo code

Attachments

• 7277D661-42A3-427C-BD71-8D0AEF26E813.png
    7277D661-42A3-427C-BD71-8D0AEF26E813.png
    273.3 KB · Views: 7

skiki

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'll be there Thursday when it is relatively crowd-less, possibly go back on Saturday depending on who is around.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
We were thinking of going but I'm not able to go on a thursday/friday this year. Not into the weekend because it's rather be skiing. Overall we'd like to have to deal with parking and lodging, etc. It's just far enough away for us that I consider it too far for a day trip. We'll try again for next year. I know Geoff and/or Kerry from Magic will be there. Should be a fun time.

Last edited:
TS
Uncle-A

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Just a heads up Expo on Saturday is crazy crowded. I go every year & have never come home disappointed or empty handed. Happy to share the $3 off promo code
Thanks, not sure if it will be Saturday or Sunday but I will be there.

TS
Uncle-A

Uncle-A

Skier
Thanks, not sure if it will be Saturday or Sunday but I will be there.
Plans are coming together and it looks like I will be at the show on Sunday.

Mattadvproject

Love that powder!
Industry Insider
I exhibited at Boston back in 2015. It was pretty impressive with a massive crowd. I think I will be back to exhibit in 2020.....

TS
Uncle-A

Uncle-A

Skier
Bumping this thread... Looks like i can go on either Saturday or Sunday. Is there a group going? @skiki , @frontfive , @Uncle-A , @TheArchitect ... who will be there when?
I will be there Sunday morning to mid day look for the old guy with the yellow shell and red baseball cap. I will be with my wife and another two people.

frontfive

Ski Adventure 19/20
Contributor
I was at the show today, not too crowded & easy access to all the vendors. Many resorts have "games" where you can win free swag and tickets. We won free tickets to Waterville, Ragged, & tubing at Gunstock. From a NH perspective: felt a bit empty without Sunapee and the photo ops in their gondola. Notably Attitash, Wildcat, & Crotched where still there....will be interesting to see if that changes next year.

I wanted to share two really cool deals, both supporting non-profits that are near and dear:
1) Friends of Tuckerman's Ravine- you can find the booth near the Ski NH section. These guys (and gals) just rock! Through a labor of love they preserve and maintain the hiking trails for Tucks. For a $50 donation you will receive a free ticket to a mountain of your choice. I always choose Loon:)
2) CHAD (Children Hospital at Dartmouth) Ski & Ride card. Many don't realize that 100% of the cost from this sweet little savings card goes to CHAD. CHAD specializes in pediatric oncology, diabetes, rare diseases and other pediatric conditions. The card retails for $35, but at the expo you can upgrade to a $49 or $59 card that includes a free ticket to a mountain of your choice. Here I chose Bretton Woods for $59:)

Lastly, a huge shout out to Steve at Kulkea- I'm totally psyched to pick out my new bag & can't wait to start my NH adventure!

skiki

Out on the slopes
Skier
Had fun there yesterday with a group, will be going back Saturday morning with another friend. I mostly browsed yesterday, need to make some purchases tomorrow. If you see a woman with red pants and a Taos T shirt it might be me.

TS
Uncle-A

Uncle-A

Skier
Anyone else going to be around the show Sunday morning to mid-day? If so look for the old guy with the yellow shell and the red baseball cap.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have on a PugSki hat & shirt, and a red & grey LL Bean soft shell.
There's a rumor that the discount passes that are usually available at shows like this aren't at the Boston Ski Show this year.
Any intel on that?

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Bumping this thread... Looks like i can go on either Saturday or Sunday. Is there a group going? @skiki , @frontfive , @Uncle-A , @TheArchitect ... who will be there when?

hell, I didn’t see this post earlier. Sorry! Noah and I are here now. Don’t know if anyone else is.

FYI, James Niehues is here signing copies of his book today. Just got my copy.

Last edited:

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
There's a rumor that the discount passes that are usually available at shows like this aren't at the Boston Ski Show this year.
Any intel on that?

I haven’t seen anything specific but I wasn’t really looking hard. I’ll pay more attention before I leave.

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Any intel on that?

I see a number of lift/lodging deals but so far only Cannon has a 3 pack on lifts for $169

Sponsor

Staff online