• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Does anyone in the NE have info on a ski show that is going to take place in mid November in Boston?

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Does anyone in the NE have info on a ski show that is going to take place in mid November in Boston?

Nov 14-17 at the WTC. I don’t have the website handy but google Boston ski and snowboard expo for a list of exhibitors

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Last edited:
TS
Uncle-A

Uncle-A

Skier
Is anyone in the NE planning on attending? I think I will be in NH that weekend and want to check the ski show out on Saturday. A meet up would be fun.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Mod Note : Moved this to an appropriate new thread where it may be of use and/or seen by others. (An old Gathering thread was not a good place for it.)

TS
Uncle-A

Uncle-A

Skier
Yes, I am aware of Google but since this entire site is dedicated to the sharing of information about skiing, just by asking the question some members that were not aware of the show now have more information. If I had used Google maybe only a few members would known about the show, hopefully a few more know now.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes, I am aware of Google but since this entire site is dedicated to the sharing of information about skiing, just by asking the question some members that were not aware of the show now have more information. If I had used Google maybe only a few members would known about the show, hopefully a few more know now.

Sorry, not buying the high horse lecture. Respectfully submit this is a post facto rationalization. If you want to share and discuss, great! But start with some absurdly easy to obtain info as a seed to share, rather than getting Becky Thatcher and the gang to whitewash the fence for you. See the appended screen shots. I typed two words - "Boston ski" - into the address bar of my browser and the very first auto complete entry was "Boston ski expo." Not that hard.

Screenshot_20191018-154352_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20191018-154412_Chrome.jpg

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Mod Note : Moved this to an appropriate new thread where it may be of use and/or seen by others. (An old Gathering thread was not a good place for it.)

Thanks! That was confusing to see the NEG trip report thread be resurrected... :eek:

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I've been to the show once. It's good for a few free or discount passes and our friends found a good deal on a Killington trip. Supposedly the gear vendors have downsized by a large magnitude. Even more fun is to rent a blue bike and blast around the seaport and southie.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I've been to the show once. It's good for a few free or discount passes and our friends found a good deal on a Killington trip. Supposedly the gear vendors have downsized by a large magnitude. Even more fun is to rent a blue bike and blast around the seaport and southie.

We accidentally happened upon this show about 4 years ago. We had travelled to the Boston area specifically to pick up a new MTB for Robin. We rode some local trails in the burb where we bought her bike (Santa Cruz Superlight) and had booked a hotel in South Boston. We rode all around Boston the next day, Saturday, visiting the Commons, a ride by of Bunker Hill and the Constitution, meandered along the river Charles, cruised by BU, Robins alma mater. Tons of fun - we love touring cities by bike.

Gazing out our hotel window Sunday morning I saw a guy walking down the street with a pair of skis slung over his shoulder. Turns out there was this big ski show right around the corner. So we went and had fun checking out all the areas and gear and got some halfway decent swag as well.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I like the blue bikes because they're tanks and have a bell you can ring when passing tourists on their souped up rides.

TS
Uncle-A

Uncle-A

Skier
Thanks to those that shared their personal experience with the show, that is what is so good about our community. It seems that it is worth the price of admission. I guess I will be there on Saturday and if anyone wants to meet up PM me.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid