• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Boot Question

rjski

Booting up
Skier
Hi guys,
I ordered 2 pair of boots and they've arrive yesterday.

1)Technica mach1 LV (120flex, 98mm, size 27.5)
2)Rossignol Allspeed (120 flex,100mm, size 27.5)

I tried them both.

Technica feels really good on toes, not much space to move but doesn't hurt either. But the bone inside my feet as you can see at the pic, there's so much pressure there, it's far from comfort.

Rossignol is wider on toes and it's not really ideal but not too much. The same issue with technica's same area, much less pressure but far from comfort, there's no way you can ski with that pressure on that bone for more than an hour.

I will return these both but what should I look for?

Thanks

Attachments

• foot.jpg
    foot.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 50

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Hi guys,

I tried them both.

Technica feels really good on toes, not much space to move but doesn't hurt either. But the bone inside my feet as you can see at the pic, there's so much pressure there, it's far from comfort.

Rossignol is wider on toes and it's not really ideal but not too much. The same issue with technica's same area, much less pressure but far from comfort, there's no way you can ski with that pressure on that bone for more than an hour.

Thanks

A boot fitter.

James

Out There
Instructor
If you keep getting a boot that's wider and wider, or bigger and bigger, till it doesn't hurt, eventually you'll end up with the "Florida fit". That's not where you want to be if you actually want to ski well.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
If you keep getting a boot that's wider and wider, or bigger and bigger, till it doesn't hurt, eventually you'll end up with the "Florida fit". That's not where you want to be if you actually want to ski well.
Ok what's a Florida fit? That a new one for me.

Uncle-A

Skier
Hi guys,

I tried them both.

Thanks
What makes you think you need a LV Low Volume boot? The photo you posted shows a red pressure mark on the ankle bone and that makes me think your heel is not set properly in the heel cup.

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
A good bootfitter that offers a money back guarantee!

TS
R

rjski

Booting up
Skier
So these bootfitters modify boots?
Since I can still return the boot isn't looking for a different one better idea?

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Since I can still return the boot isn't looking for a different one better idea?

Yeah, the boot fitter can modify the boots to fit YOUR feet. It's skiers' version of plastic surgery. You may not look as pretty as a Kasdashian but your feet will feel a lot better and you will ski better.
Those guys who keep shoving boots on your feet until you feel comfy are not boot fitter. They are boot sellers.

Like @Mike Thomas said, you'll probably need a foot bed.
While you are at the boot fitter, get your alignment done. Carving will be much easier.

Good luck and have fun.
It's gonna be a great journey. If you let it.

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
Don't go to a big box store! Do your research and find the best fitter & shop in your area and schedule a fitting with that person only!

Uncle-A

Skier
The red mark is on the navicular bone not the ankle. You need some support under your foot, which means you need a boot fitter who can build a proper footbed for you.
@Mike Thomas thanks for the update with medical term, I had to google the term because it is the first time that someone has ever used it to describe that the bone. After 18 years of fitting ski boots and having 100% of my customers call it their ankle bone I guess I just listened to what the customer was trying to communicate, and tried to help them from what they told me. FYI so others don't have to Google it - Navicular bone is a boat - shaped bone in the ankle or wrist, especially that in the ankle, between the Talus and the Cuneiform bones.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
boot fitter, dude :micdrop:

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The alternative to a good boot fitter is an orthopaedic surgeon to modify your feet.

And then you'll still need to find a good boot fitter. :D

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
A good bootfitter.

Now this must be a record for ANY forum. In the first page there was effectively universal agreement.

Time to lock this thread because nothing more needs to be said. ;)

:beercheer:

Sponsor

Staff online