• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I can confirm that K12 CTI Pro and PRD 12 share a mounting pattern. I gather they are the same binding?

I can’t find info suggesting that either of the above are Gripwalk compatible except for the most recent models. However, below is a pic of an empty GW boot clicked into a K12 CTI Pro (on a 2019 Kastle LTD Proto). The track-like AFD does rotate. How does it look to others? Thoughts and/or info?

Mine is similar and I didn't have any issues. Different boot & binding. Still doesn't inspire much confidence. People say things will be fine all the time :)

AlpedHuez

Chasing that Odermatt form
Skier
Absolutely. Not that you are skiing now but I'd wait for the Pivot 15.
Thanks, Phil. Indeed, I can wait for a 15. Just looking at the Forza, which, besides the performance, would look killer on the black 18/19 Brahmas I recently picked up for a steal (even considering £ exchange rate).

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
But, but, I'm seeing Pivot 14 on sale! Even Forza! Is this because the 15 will cannibalize those sales?
Partually, and the curren't Forza color wave is being replaced with a new one (purple / yellow).

chopchop

so many skis, so little time
Skier
Hi,

I'm looking at downsizing my boots to 300 BSL from 305. My Marker Griffons have space to shift forward by a little. I'm wondering if it's enough to accommodate the 5MM need.

To figure this out I believe I would need to know the max allowable forward setting of the heel housing. That's what I would like help with.

I'm wondering the best way to achieve this here. Would it help to post a photo of current setting and y'all could tell me if it looks like there's 5MM available given current mounting? Or maybe there's a PDF or website that has a graphic (searched but did not find)?

Thanks in advance for any help.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
griffons mounted right kan do easy 10mm each way aka 1 shell up and 1 down

If it was mounted for a 305, I dont see any way it could not work for 300.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hi,

I'm looking at downsizing my boots to 300 BSL from 305. My Marker Griffons have space to shift forward by a little. I'm wondering if it's enough to accommodate the 5MM need.

To figure this out I believe I would need to know the max allowable forward setting of the heel housing. That's what I would like help with.

I'm wondering the best way to achieve this here. Would it help to post a photo of current setting and y'all could tell me if it looks like there's 5MM available given current mounting? Or maybe there's a PDF or website that has a graphic (searched but did not find)?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Unless the binding was originally mounted for a larger boot and to a 305, going down to a 300 should not be an issue.

chopchop

so many skis, so little time
Skier
Unless the binding was originally mounted for a larger boot and to a 305, going down to a 300 should not be an issue.

Thanks.

Just to be thorough I thought I'd upload photos to show how close to the forward limit the heel housing sits. Hopefully this just confirms your point.

Attachments

• IMG_20200401_165016.jpg
    IMG_20200401_165016.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20200401_165006.jpg
    IMG_20200401_165006.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20200401_165012.jpg
    IMG_20200401_165012.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 19

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I assume that is an older Griffon. A flat screwdriver and a few turns of it will get you your answer.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thanks.

Just to be thorough I thought I'd upload photos to show how close to the forward limit the heel housing sits. Hopefully this just confirms your point.
Crank the rear screw a few turns. Put the boot in, chenck the forward pressure. The rear screw should be flush. Do NOT create more forward pressure with the boot in the binding. If you need more forward pressure, release the boot. change the pressure, put the boot back in.

pjs32000

Booting up
Skier
I hope this is the correct thread for this. I searched and couldn't find the answer... I've recently purchased what is essentially my first pair of owned skis in 30 years and back then I was rather ignorant to such matters. I've read in a few places that binding DINs should be set to the lowest possible setting for offseason storage to release the spring tension, then should be reset at the start of next season. I've got the Attack2 13 demo bindings for reference. Is this true, should I be adjusting them until next winter? Are there any other key storage tips I should know? I already know not to store things in hot areas so I'll be keeping them inside my home which is climate controlled. Also I'll be storing them in a matter so that the ski camber isn't under any pressure at all, most likely by just storing them apart from each other and lying on the carpet under my bed.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I hope this is the correct thread for this. I searched and couldn't find the answer... I've recently purchased what is essentially my first pair of owned skis in 30 years and back then I was rather ignorant to such matters. I've read in a few places that binding DINs should be set to the lowest possible setting for offseason storage to release the spring tension, then should be reset at the start of next season. I've got the Attack2 13 demo bindings for reference. Is this true, should I be adjusting them until next winter? Are there any other key storage tips I should know? I already know not to store things in hot areas so I'll be keeping them inside my home which is climate controlled. Also I'll be storing them in a matter so that the ski camber isn't under any pressure at all, most likely by just storing them apart from each other and lying on the carpet under my bed.
You do not need to do anything to a modern binding for summer storage.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Question for @Philpug and other mountain reps/experts....

When at your shops, and recommending bindings to customers....do you ever get push back from your reps when a shop puts Looks on Volkls or Tyrolias on Atomics....Markers on Rossi’s?.....

I’m assuming the reps would like shops to set up their “flat” packages within the families..Marker/Volkl/Blizzard/K2..Atomic/Solomon...Look/Rossi/Dynastar...Head/Fischer/Elan/Tyrolia....etc.

Just wondering.....thx.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Question for @Philpug and other mountain reps/experts....

When at your shops, and recommending bindings to customers....do you ever get push back from your reps when a shop puts Looks on Volkls or Tyrolias on Atomics....Markers on Rossi’s?.....

I’m assuming the reps would like shops to set up their “flat” packages within the families..Marker/Volkl/Blizzard/K2..Atomic/Solomon...Look/Rossi/Dynastar...Head/Fischer/Elan/Tyrolia....etc.

Just wondering.....thx.
Not usually, the only instance where this has come into play is with K2 Skis, the product manager prefers if we test their skis with Marker bindings.
The only thing I will suggest is when we are talking about a ski/binding purchase, if someone does not not have a preferred binding, I will suggest staying within the ski brand because in many instances, it can add a year to a warranty.

Yardsale

Crashing builds character.
Skier
Do bindings have a skier weight limit, assuming the bindings offer a sufficient DIN for the skier?

For example, I’ve been using Look SPX 12’s at a setting of 7. Some sellers list max recommended weight at 200 lbs for these bindings—I’m at 220 lbs. I’m at a relatively low 7 setting on the chart due to big feet (325 BSL), despite Type III and my weight.

DIN is DIN, right? If a binding offers sufficient DIN setting, does skier weight matter?

Last edited:
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Do bindings have a skier weight limit, assuming the bindings offer a sufficient DIN for the skier?

For example, I’ve been using Look SPX 12’s at a setting of 7. Some sellers list max recommended weight at 200 lbs for these bindings—I’m at 220 lbs. I’m at a relatively low 7 setting on the chart due to big feet (325 BSL), despite Type III and my weight.

DIN is DIN, right? If a binding offers sufficient DIN setting, does skier weight matter?
This might help you. Bindings by the Numbers, Pt. 2

Sponsor

Staff online