• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Freddo Bumps

Booting up
Skier
Confession: I haven’t read this thread exhaustively; please forgive if I’m asking what’s been addressed.

I love demo bindings for their versatility (users, “mount point,” air travel), but wonder if I leave anything on the table performance-wise on certain skis.

- Would you hesitate to use Attack 2 or Kastle CTI Pro (appears to be on a Tyrolia track) on MX74 or Laser AX/SX?
- What other solutions should I consider for max versatility?
- What bindings should I consider if I were to throw versatility out the window?

If Kastle skis weren’t so thin, I’d consider Binding Freedom/Quiver Killer inserts, but the drilling depth is too much for Kastle stated depth of 7mm.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Confession: I haven’t read this thread exhaustively; please forgive if I’m asking what’s been addressed.

I love demo bindings for their versatility (users, “mount point,” air travel), but wonder if I leave anything on the table performance-wise on certain skis.

- Would you hesitate to use Attack 2 or Kastle CTI Pro (appears to be on a Tyrolia track) on MX74 or Laser AX/SX?
- What bindings should I consider if I were to throw versatility out the window?

If Kastle skis weren’t so thin, I’d consider Binding Freedom/Quiver Killer inserts, but the drilling depth is too much for Kastle stated depth of 7mm.
I will reply with...what are you looking to accomplish? I don't think there are too many questions on mount points with the skis in question. There are some good bindings with adjustability that will minimally compromise these skis but some good hard mounts that will maximize them...more so than a centimeter fore or aft could outweigh.

Freddo Bumps

Booting up
Skier
^^Ideally, versatility mentioned, but without performance compromises. Mount point: I know some like the AX +1cm, for example. Users: it’s nice to share skis with my son (about 1cm BSL difference). Air travel: much easier to carry more skis with demo binding.

Performance-wise: I’m a recreational skier, but I value performance characteristics enough to have a handful of skis in the quiver, if that makes sense. Definitely interested in hearing recommendations of hard mounts that could maximize the MX74 and Laser AX/SX and in which ways. Same goes for adjustable options that minimally compromise.

If you’re asking about whether I want to get up higher to increase leverage, minimize or maximize delta, etc, I really don’t know... so I should probably fully read this thread...

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)

Showing my bias: In simple easy to understand terms, if you are not using a Tyrolia top of the line racing binding, (e.g. FF+17, FF Evo 16, etc.), you are leaving some performance on the table. :ogbiggrin: Yes I'm a big Tyrolia fan.

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm a Tyrolia fan, having mostly Attack demos on my wider skis, but the Attack2 has a high & wide chunky toe that just looks wrong on a narrow ski like the MX74 or Lasers.

Something like this, if you want a Demo, is a better consideration.

FYI:
I "over-built" my Laser SX ski, buying it flat and installing a too-demanding binding for my abilities and desires -> a Marker Piston Plate and Race XCell 16. This stiffened the ski too much for my liking. I was going to remove the plate and install the XCell 16 flat, but then along came an MX67 with the Kastle/Tyrolia K13 ( PRD family ? ) which skis and feels just right for me . I sold the Laser SX for a small loss, and now completely happy at the narrow end of my quiver.

Last edited:
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
^^Ideally, versatility mentioned, but without performance compromises. Mount point: I know some like the AX +1cm, for example. Users: it’s nice to share skis with my son (about 1cm BSL difference). Air travel: much easier to carry more skis with demo binding.

Performance-wise: I’m a recreational skier, but I value performance characteristics enough to have a handful of skis in the quiver, if that makes sense. Definitely interested in hearing recommendations of hard mounts that could maximize the MX74 and Laser AX/SX and in which ways. Same goes for adjustable options that minimally compromise.

If you’re asking about whether I want to get up higher to increase leverage, minimize or maximize delta, etc, I really don’t know... so I should probably fully read this thread...
Performance: you will have to compromise some versatility.
Versatility: you will have to compromise some performance.

Th added height of the demo will not be a negative on a narrower ski, infact it is an enhancement but...it is not as tight of a coupling that a hard mount is. With that said Stockli is pretty confident that the Salomon Warden Demo is good enough for an AX, so a better demo binding has that going for it.

Freddo Bumps

Booting up
Skier
Does anyone know which of the following share a mount pattern?

Freeflex Demo 14
PRD 12
CTI Pro
Attack 2 Demo

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Does anyone know which of the following share a mount pattern?

SHARE Freeflex Demo 14
share PRD 12
share CTI Pro
SHARE Attack 2 Demo
I believe that is correct. Someone might want to double check.

BMC

Out on the slopes
Skier
Looking to put a 13 DIN Salomon binding on a Stance 90 (when released). Warden or Sth 13 2 WTR?

I absolutely love the Sth 13 but I do wonder if the Warden (which I also really like) would be better due to boot compatibility versatility (although my “AT” boots are WTR soles anyway) but also less volume/height. I may travel with these skis (packed with a second pair) and I wonder whether the Warden would be more compact for that

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Looking to put a 13 DIN Salomon binding on a Stance 90 (when released). Warden or Sth 13 2 WTR?

I absolutely love the Sth 13 but I do wonder if the Warden (which I also really like) would be better due to boot compatibility versatility (although my “AT” boots are WTR soles anyway) but also less volume/height. I may travel with these skis (packed with a second pair) and I wonder whether the Warden would be more compact for that
Quicker return to center-Warden 13.
More elesticity-Sth2 13

Neither is a bad choice. I am still a sucker for the Sth toe but we run Warden demos on our skis.

Freddo Bumps

Booting up
Skier
I believe that is correct. Someone might want to double check.
I was able to put eyes on the K12 CTI Pro and Attack 2 Demo at the same time. Interestingly, the toe tracks share a hole pattern (or extremely close), but the toes are not interchangeable while the heel tracks do not share a hole pattern, but the heels are interchangeable.

GB_Ski

Out on the slopes
Skier
More elesticity-Sth2 13

Neither is a bad choice. I am still a sucker for the Sth toe but we run Warden demos on our skis.
Does "quicker return to center" or "more elasticity" benefits one type of skiing or skier to another? Say front side vs off-piste skiing? A more aggressive skier vs a mellow skier?

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
Question:

The Marker "system bindings" on my Volkl RTM 84s and 86s rattle on the integrated rails when no boot is present.
Of course things tighten up when boots are in.

How does this "looseness" effect anything?

If it's not good, What were they thinking?

AlpedHuez

Chasing that Odermatt form
Skier
I recently picked up flat Brahma 88s (the 18/19s) and I was thinking of shaking up my routine from my usual Griffon. Would I be compromising my preference for frontside carving (no parks, freestyle) with off-piste ability and curiosity, by putting a Pivot 14 (or the returning 15) on them? My local independent shop (where I got the skis) was enthusiastic, if a bit surprised by my idea. But the general consensus from the London big box ski shops was that those who ask them about a Pivot probably are not suited for a Pivot, or else they would already be familiar with them and know it was the one they had to have. What say you, my fellow PugSkiers?

Last edited:

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Question:

The Marker "system bindings" on my Volkl RTM 84s and 86s rattle on the integrated rails when no boot is present.

It is what it is......it’s a “system” binding. Great ski/binding system...lots of love from most people that have skied them over the years..... No Marker hate needed.

Freddo Bumps

Booting up
Skier
I can confirm that K12 CTI Pro and PRD 12 share a mounting pattern. I gather they are the same binding?

I can’t find info suggesting that either of the above are Gripwalk compatible except for the most recent models. However, below is a pic of an empty GW boot clicked into a K12 CTI Pro (on a 2019 Kastle LTD Proto). The track-like AFD does rotate. How does it look to others? Thoughts and/or info?

Attachments

• 3B148208-099E-430F-9208-1E0BC578444E.jpeg
    3B148208-099E-430F-9208-1E0BC578444E.jpeg
    95.1 KB · Views: 15
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Question:

You answer you own question... "Of course things tighten up when boots are in."

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I can confirm that K12 CTI Pro and PRD 12 share a mounting pattern. I gather they are the same binding?

I can’t find info suggesting that either of the above are Gripwalk compatible except for the most recent models. However, below is a pic of an empty GW boot clicked into a K12 CTI Pro (on a 2019 Kastle LTD Proto). The track-like AFD does rotate. How does it look to others? Thoughts and/or info?
If the binding is Gripwalk compatible, it would will have a Gripwalk sticker on it.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
More elesticity-Sth2 13

Is there anyone that measures "return to center" and "elasticity" or are these just "things that everyone knows".

Sponsor