• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Got a chance to make some laps with @dovski and his son yesterday - fun day with blue bird sky.

We got walk on the Tram ( no lines ) Sheddi, Dakota, powder seeker and of course swifty - not bad for only a 1/2 day !
Big thanks to Glenn and Erica for being wonderful hosts/mountain guides. My son and I had a wonderful time skiing with you yesterday and look forward to coming back soon!

Slide of Hans

Getting on the Red Chair
Skier
I'll be out there from January 31st until February 4th.

I'm also out there those days, with 2 or 3 days at Big Sky. I'll reach out when I have it nailed down. Never been there and it looks huge.

Anyone know where the snow totals are for the season? Just curious since JH has it on their snow report, 286" upper mtn to date.

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Dovski - sorry you couldn’t stick around for last nights storm 6-12”
@bushpilot - we should be skiing some of those days. Let us know when your close and we’ll look out for you
Funny how it always snows the day after I leave. I should start a service where people pay me to ski at their local hill so they can enjoy the POW day after I leave :roflmao:

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
I should be out today, so if you want to connect shoot me a PM (maybe BS Slarver too) with your cell #).

TS
BS Slarver

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We are out today- pm your info.
@Slide of Hans just arrived last night as well.
Morning report has tram down ... oh well. Still
A shit ton of terrain to ski.
Wind blown yesterday had us seeking the trees off RC8 and Swifty.

warm weather today and tomorrow but winter weather returns Sunday.

Tiki

The Pirate’s Daughter
Skier
Just sayin, had an awesome trip #1. Skied every day for almost 2 weeks, taking a break now and then to work, check emails, make calls, yada, yada. Women’s Ski Clinic was fantastic, got to bump into @Skisailor one day at Vista Hall and overall considered it a successful early season trip. Switched out skis per conditions: Santa Ana 93, Black Pearl 88 and Volkl Yumi 84 were my ski du jours. Early tracks on MLK Day, uh huh, so good. Kept it really simple, zoned in on technique, got my bumps in, and looking forward to my return. Didn’t check Pugski much this trip but will check more when I return to meet up.

Last edited:

Tiki

The Pirate’s Daughter
Skier
Which were your favorites under which conditions? Asking for a friend.

Overall, I had the most fun on Yumi 84 and after we got that 6”+ powder, I kept that ski for the remainder of my trip. I ran it all over the place; groomers, off piste and bumps (not Challenger or Tram). Usually I’d be looking for a Kastle 95/96 or Dynastar 96 with that amount of fresh snow, but I dialed it all back this trip and the narrower waist just delivered more fun.

For me, the Black Pearl 88 is such a reasonable and compliant driver regardless of condition. I love the fact that wherever I go, I know I can find a pair and just ski. I used this ski 2/3 of my clinic days in which we received a little fresh snow each night.

This was my first ride on Santa Ana 93. I rode it for the first two days of my season and thought it was a great ski, it just wasn’t the ideal ski for my focus on technique so I traded it in for BP 88 and then the Yumi. Friends thought it was too long for me. I did take a tumble my first run, but I think it was a snow snake, not the ski or operator error :) I took it on groomers, off piste and in bumps when there was a little fresh snow and think it’s a pretty solid ride. I’m going to get on the SA 88 when I get back.

I like to demo skis. It’s pure addiction.

Last edited:

Tiki

The Pirate’s Daughter
Skier
WOW!!! Lucky you. Was this from Andesite? You rock for sharing that pic! Made my day!

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online