• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Awesome Engine Sounds...

Après Skier

Amateur Skier & Professional Curmudgeon
Skier
Maybe so, bt people still appreciate horseflesh today.

And I would venture to say that an even greater number don’t appreciate it at all. A muscle car driving through an urban area, hundreds of people subjected to noise so that one insecure dude can assert his fragile masculinity. Babies awakened from naps, night-shift medical staff unable to get proper rest and forced to make life-and-death decisions while half asleep. It is more a question of common sense and mutual respect than anything else.

I am obviously in the wrong thread and will leave you all alone now.

Last edited:
Reactions: tch

James

Out There
Instructor
And I would venture to say that an even greater number don’t appreciate it at all. A muscle car driving through an urban area, hundreds of people subjected to noise so that one insecure dude can assert his fragile masculinity. Babies awakened from naps, night-shift medical staff unable to get proper rest and forced to make life-and-death decisions while half asleep. It is more a question of common sense and mutual respect than anything else.

I am obviously in the wrong thread and will leave you all alone now.
Nah that’s motorcycles. Or Jake brakes on trucks.
Half of the fun at a drag strip is feeling the sound. With the jet engines you get some nice flames too.
An electric car drag strip would be pretty boring. I might go once.

Oh the absurdity! One would not forget this-

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
Nah that’s motorcycles. Or Jake brakes on trucks.
Half of the fun at a drag strip is feeling the sound. With the jet engines you get some nice flames too.
An electric car drag strip would be pretty boring. I might go once.

Oh the absurdity! One would not forget this-

There's a reason the spectator seating at a drag strip is clustered around the starting line. Nobody cares what happens at the finish line. It's all about the pyrotechnics, and that part is about over by the time the car is a few hundred feet beyond the starting line.

I live about 3 miles from Bandimere Speedway, and I can hear a fueler light up while mowing the lawn, or once when I was cutting ceramic tiles with a tile saw and earmuffs on. It's the only race track I ever went to where I actually had to wear ear plugs.

Sponsor