LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
Me ??
Change the bindings ?
Well ... if they do not break when I adjust them with my boots , it is a go !
I have seen quite a few broken ... I align the broken parts along the bay window inside my house ... My take on that is that the material was not chosen correctly but the breaks are compounded by the way the skis were stored .
So if I am lucky the bindings will hold for a few more years . By that time I will be too old to ski ( never ! ) or I will be dead ( I do not intend to ) or I will find a way to go to Florida in the winter and surf at my heart's desire ...

'' Safety Last ! '' as the title of the famous movie .
This is taken last weekend : I was skiing the 1973 Attack and the bindings were the original ones ...
bibiradar_orig.jpg

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Me ??
Change the bindings ?
Well ... if they do not break when I adjust them with my boots , it is a go !
I have seen quite a few broken ... I align the broken parts along the bay window inside my house ... My take on that is that the material was not chosen correctly but the breaks are compounded by the way the skis were stored .
So if I am lucky the bindings will hold for a few more years . By that time I will be too old to ski ( never ! ) or I will be dead ( I do not intend to ) or I will find a way to go to Florida in the winter and surf at my heart's desire ...

'' Safety Last ! '' as the title of the famous movie .
This is taken last weekend : I was skiing the 1973 Attack and the bindings were the original ones ...
View attachment 90927
1973 Attack ???

LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
From time to time , a collector has the good luck
rose.JPG
rosie.JPG
rosa.JPG
rosam.JPG
rosae.JPG
rosamus.JPG
rosis.JPG
rosit.JPG
to find a pair that is brand new .
Meaning totally new except for the passing of time in storage .

Dynastar TXP Kevlar 1031 , 180 cm , with Salomon 557 .

The colors , by themselves , are so vivid that the ski begs to be tried on the slopes .
Sadly they are too short for me but I will find someone , even if the Salomon have a bad reputation .
It is worth it ...

Back to the 1980 !
I went to the closest mall Saturday and , guess what ?
The 1980 fashion is coming back in style : all the fluo colors are there .
If only these skis were 205 !!

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
From time to time , a collector has the good luck View attachment 91509 View attachment 91510 View attachment 91511 View attachment 91512 View attachment 91514 View attachment 91515 View attachment 91516 View attachment 91517 to find a pair that is brand new .
Meaning totally new except for the passing of time in storage .

Dynastar TXP Kevlar 1031 , 180 cm , with Salomon 557 .

The colors , by themselves , are so vivid that the ski begs to be tried on the slopes .
Sadly they are too short for me but I will find someone , even if the Salomon have a bad reputation .
It is worth it ...

Back to the 1980 !
I went to the closest mall Saturday and , guess what ?
The 1980 fashion is coming back in style : all the fluo colors are there .
If only these skis were 205 !!
Even though it's a 180 I bet you can still have fun on them. Why not give them a try.

Vintageski808

Old ski fanatic born too late
Skier
I came across these dynastars still wrapped and noticed the japanese instructions. Did they all come like that or were these maybe imports?

089AA6D4-D3F3-4ECE-9C74-B8FB78D7332E_1_105_c.jpeg
976FDBA1-3DCD-45A0-923B-9CC79FCDE932_1_105_c.jpeg
C1E17857-0F1F-47DE-8114-D88C3EBC91AE_1_105_c.jpeg