• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Individual Review 2020 K2 Mindbender 99Ti

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
When K2 was getting ready to send me mine, they asked what size dod you ski X ski in..what size did you ski Y ski in..they sent me the 177 and I couldn't be happier.

Wannabeskibum

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
When K2 was getting ready to send me mine, they asked what size dod you ski X ski in..what size did you ski Y ski in..they sent me the 177 and I couldn't be happier.

Phil, I remember you being slightly taller and beefier than me (I am a little old man) - I suspect that was the appropriate length - and I could probably go with 168 - willl test drive when I get to Killington later this month.

Ksurby

Booting up
Skier
Any comparisons between the liberty evolve 90/100 and the mindbender 90/100? Or will
That cage math have to wait for next season...

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Any comparisons between the liberty evolve 90/100 and the mindbender 90/100? Or will
That cage math have to wait for next season...
the Mindbender 99Ti and Evolv 100 are within a MM in every critical dimension so damn straight we will see a Cage Match. :P:popcorn:

Ksurby

Booting up
Skier
Happened to wander into my local ski shop on Friday and they let me take out the 184 mindbender 99ti for free Conditions were firm, no new snow in 2 weeks. Great go everywhere ride for the trees, steeps, groomers, bumps and everything in between.

Has anyone been on the 90ti and the 99ti? Just wondering if the 90ti is essentially just a scaled down version of the 99ti. Similar flex, weight, construction ? I definitely enjoyed the mass of the 99ti cruising through the crud

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Happened to wander into my local ski shop on Friday and they let me take out the 184 mindbender 99ti for free Conditions were firm, no new snow in 2 weeks. Great go everywhere ride for the trees, steeps, groomers, bumps and everything in between.

Has anyone been on the 90ti and the 99ti? Just wondering if the 90ti is essentially just a scaled down version of the 99ti. Similar flex, weight, construction ? I definitely enjoyed the mass of the 99ti cruising through the crud

The 99Ti is the heaviest of the series(2300-2350grams in the 184cm) with the 108Ti(2200 grams in 186cm) being a softer flex and lighter than the 99Ti. 108Ti Mount is moves up 1.25cm forward in the 108Ti compared to the 99Ti or 90Ti as well.

The 90Ti felt pretty similar flex wise to the 99Ti with the 90Ti maybe a bit stiffer but a decent amount lighter(2050 grams in 184cm).

So the 90Ti feels similar to the the 99Ti but will not quite be as good through crud as it’s 1/2 pound lighter and not as wide. 90Ti is quicker edge to edge and a little more playful I found.

Still think you’d like the 90Ti if you liked the 99Ti but it won’t be quite the crud cruiser the 99Ti is. Keep in mind the Mindbender 90Ti is still heavier than skis like the Rustler 9 or Brahma so it still has weight behind it. Enforcer 93 would be in between the 90Ti and 99Ti weights for reference.

I’d happily own the 90Ti myself as it’s a little more playful than the Enforcer but more dampness and backbone than a Rustler 9 and like all those skis.

Ksurby

Booting up
Skier
Thanks for the info GregK, damn they make ski purchasing difficult nowadays

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Thanks for the info GregK, damn they make ski purchasing difficult nowadays

Find it’s easier now with so many great skis out there and every company having to bring up their game to contend. The consumer reaps the benefits of lots of fantastic options that are far more versatile than they ever were even a few years ago.

Often now comes down to “which one of these 3 skis that would be great for me is available in my size at the best price right now?”

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor

Imho, the 90 is more of a finesse ski and not as torsionally rigid as the 99. The edge grip wasn't quite there, but for a lighter skier, they should be very good. The mb 90 and liberty evolve 90 seemed like kissing cousins from what I recall.

Sponsor

Staff online