• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado 2020-2021 Colorado Weather and Stoke (and beer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
The weather has been really nice. I wanted to just lay in a hammock yesterday afternoon. Beautiful blue sky and sunny afternoon. Temp was 71 degrees. Do I want snow? Sure but this weather is hard to beat. The ice fest, snow making, whatever you want to call it continues up high at Copper but even with the cooler overnight temps it is still warm during the day. Not sure what it will be like when it's needed in a couple of weeks.
Yeah, the only bad thing has been the smoke. Otherwise its delightful.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Yeah, the only bad thing has been the smoke. Otherwise its delightful.
I'm a bit surprised that the AQI has been considerably worse on the front range than here in Summit. It probably has to do with the jet stream overriding proximity to the fires.

TS
mikel

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Maybe the weather will cooperate and Loveland will start making snow and A Basin will resume making it soon. I'm sure everyone working on the lift projects at A Basin is enjoying the great weather to get everything completed.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Played 30 holes of golf yesterday... ski season isn't feeling around the corner with the weather we've been having...

86ºF+ at my house in Denver. Looks like fall but it feels like summer. Smoke cleared out today though so looks nice out there. The cool down starts Sunday but it will be more gradual into next weekend and beyond. Snowmaking will not get really cranking until the 15th but looks like the ski areas will have a few chances to make some snow from now till then if they are desperate.

Watch this weather station: https://ambientweather.net/dashboard/k0co Its on the east side of Berthoud Pass at about 11,200 ft.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Oooo. It's coming down hard, now. Tacky trails tomorrow.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
The wind down here in the low country is ridiculous today. Glad I'm not trying to play a round of golf in this...

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It was dumping at Copper earlier. We went out to play when it let up. Looks like they are making snow on the upper part of the Mountain.

PXL_20201011_221129726.jpg

No bike ride as planned today, but my son got to test out his new amphibious RC car in the accumulation in the village.

PXL_20201011_220402782.jpg

Super fun toy. Makes a great snow machine, goes great on land, and in the water!

PXL_20201011_220551058.jpg

Good fun in the stream too! :ogbiggrin:

PXL_20201011_222133029.jpg

20201011_165346-ANIMATION.gif

Last edited:

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
So....

Who had to find their windshield scraper this weekend and who knew where theirs was? Was it in your vehicle?

Also,

Back in the rotation:

1602528876108.png
Who else has these classic Solomon Snow Clogs ready to go 365x24x7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online