• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado 2020-2021 Colorado Weather and Stoke (and beer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just saw Copper has free activities tomorrow:

The roller coaster is a blast. The coaster plus the bike haul would make a fun day if anyone can take a day for fun. Wish I could :-(

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Summer just got a good slap down today. Finally it feels like fall.

Denver (Wash Park) now:

Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 12.08.44 PM.png

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Still no signs of snowmaking on top of Copper today. I checked social media and it doesn't look like they've fired up yet. Hard to believe there will be skiing on those runs in about a month (for race training).

IMG_20200928_164259.jpg

If you look closely below, you'll see some "remote learning" happening on the beach. :ogbiggrin:

IMG_20200928_162845.jpg

Yesterday was the last day for the coaster until winter. Crowds were finally gone to where we were comfortable waiting in line. The kiddos had a birthday so they finally got to ride by themselves. Good for them, bummer for Dad.

IMG_20200927_141051.jpg

I've got to post my video of us standing in line and The Police's "Don't Stand So Close to Me" was playing. :golfclap:

TS
mikel

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Could that have been flying into Janet's prepping for winter? I love those birds. Two rotors.

On the day I took the pic they absolutely were flying in the direction of Janet's. Some were quick out and back trips. Just based on the number of trips I was wondering if something happened out there. Over a period of a few days it was different helicopters on different days flying a bunch. I asked one of the crews if they knew what was up because a lot of projects were deferred. They told me it was trail work they were trying to get completed. But who knows? Could have included winter prep. I think they are pretty cool also.

We hiked out to Guller Creek on Sunday. What an absolutely beautiful day. Lots of MTBers but not a ton of hikers.

TS
mikel

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Still no signs of snowmaking on top of Copper today. I checked social media and it doesn't look like they've fired up yet. Hard to believe there will be skiing on those runs in about a month (for race training).

I bet it happens soon.

It was an absolutely a great day Sunday. We hiked out to Guller Creek. Took a couple of the same pics everyone takes.

interesting to compare the cabin pic to just 5 years ago.

IMG_0612.JPG

Water is still flowing. (not Guller) Looks like I wiped the lens with the anti bacterial wipe when cleaning the phone. :doh:

IMG_0611.JPG

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
@mikel , unfortunately not too soon, me thinks. Although with the added elevation, maybe at the summit of Super-B isn't too far fetched.

Breck forecast below. It is going to be pretty warm during the days and most nights.
1601390740538.png

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@tball Copper started snowmaking last night. Looks like they intend to compete?
Yep, there they go:

No, Copper is not competing for the first public opening. It's all race training until they open to the public on Nov 30th.

Copper makes its early-season money on race training, so the reduced capacity is all going to them. :rolleyes:

Copper will, of course, do the right thing and stay open as long as they can in the spring to make up for the delayed opening. Right, Copper Mountain?

Mikaela Shiffrin gets to ski Copper Mountain in June. How about us season pass holders?

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I'm late to the party on commenting about the freak storm that hit on 9/8, but we got 6" at my place (6500'). On the Sunday before, I was playing golf up at Riverdale on the North side in 100* heat and it was like the apocalypse. The sky was orange, the sun blood red, and it was raining down ash on us while we played the back 9. Had to be the craziest weather turn I've ever experienced in my life.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Looks like this season is gonna have a very very slow start. I dont see any significant snow forecasted in the near future but some decent snowmaking weather next week. So even WROD season should be about a week or 2 later than usual at least. Good snows should show up in Nov. maybe even mid Nov. hope it all changes for the better.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Looks like this season is gonna have a very very slow start. I dont see any significant snow forecasted in the near future but some decent snowmaking weather next week. So even WROD season should be about a week or 2 later than usual at least. Good snows should show up in Nov. maybe even mid Nov. hope it all changes for the better.

I mean, it's good for restaurants and the backcountry snowpack ... haha, but true ....

TS
mikel

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The weather has been really nice. I wanted to just lay in a hammock yesterday afternoon. Beautiful blue sky and sunny afternoon. Temp was 71 degrees. Do I want snow? Sure but this weather is hard to beat. The ice fest, snow making, whatever you want to call it continues up high at Copper but even with the cooler overnight temps it is still warm during the day. Not sure what it will be like when it's needed in a couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online