• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado 2020-2021 Colorado Weather and Stoke (and beer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
mikel

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Ok, I guess I now have the bug and am totally ready for winter. I know it will be awhile before this terrain gets open but I am ready. Hard to believe I was hiking up there just a couple of days ago and it was a warm, windy day with plenty of smoke in the afternoon.

image0001.jpg

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
5.5” officially reported at the crest if the Palmer Divide. We might get more when this thing finally moves east.

Good thing it dropped into UT - reports of 100 mph winds and lots of big trees down in urban areas.

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Red Mountain pass about an hour ago. Still lightly snowing.
6F95407E-F3FB-4DBB-9593-D1DF7CE0F936.jpeg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
"Here's the long list of weather records broken in Denver over the last five days"

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Near Ouray a few days ago. It was so damn awesome to see some snow. I soaked it up. Colors were really starting to pop when we left Telluride yesterday.

IMG_9984.JPG

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Looks like we are getting lucky with the weather pattern giving us good air. Hard to imagine it can last for too long. I'm spending the day outside!

Fire and Smoke Map 2020-09-13 09-58-42.jpg

Last edited:

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Looks like we are getting lucky with the weather pattern giving us good air. Hard to imagine it can last for too long. I'm spending the day outside!

View attachment 110054

Large area of smoke moving Southeast towards colorado from the North. Its rotating around the high. Might be in Denver tomorrow.

Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 12.06.07 AM.png

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
Ugh; and the air was so good this weekend, and again this morning.

clong83

Stauffenberg!
Skier
Wolf will open with a 20" base. I've skied it at 30" and I wouldn't recommend it.
I remember a few years ago they opened with a 6 inch base. For real. I went up and skied it, and yeah, that was accurate. They threw some hay over the extra thin spots to make sure it was all connected on the pretty much only viable route down from Treasure.

Wolf Creek: We just spin the lifts, you figure the rest out.

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
And just like that it's back to warm temps and other than looking over at the back side of peak 6 not even a hint that we had snow.

Crews were back at it before the real winter gets here

View attachment 110148

We saw that helo or a similar one doing stuff high up on a peak near Telluride. It shut down the highway for a few mins. What are they up to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online