• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
First adult MTB ride for me this season..
Can't believe how out of shape I am ..
Screenshot_20190428-121212.png

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Out of curiosity anyone know of any good online sites for getting deals on bikes? BikeNashbar used to have some great deals but they are going out of business so curious where else to go.

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
Out of curiosity anyone know of any good online sites for getting deals on bikes? BikeNashbar used to have some great deals but they are going out of business so curious where else to go.

Is there something specific your looking for?

dovski

Skier
Is there something specific your looking for?
Yes looking for a mountain bike for my 11 year old who is suddenly 5'2". She looks like a circus monkey on her current bike. Her bike size is a woman's small. Would like to get something nice but not super expensive. Likely a hard tail, unless I can find a screaming deal on a gently used full-suspension bike. There is a nice mountain bike park with lots of great trails near our house so want to make going there a regular family outing. Basically I am bargain hunting as I would like to buy a great bike at a great discount, but will likely settle for a good bike at a reasonable price.

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
@dovski - I know a lot of folks that have purchased from bikesdirect.com when trying to get a decent budget bike for spouse or kids that are now using adult sizes. Jenson’s & CBO usually have some close outs. I have 1 XS hardtail demo left, it’s carbon, full XT and 27.5+, but it may be more than you were looking to spend.

dovski

Skier
@dovski - I know a lot of folks that have purchased from bikesdirect.com when trying to get a decent budget bike for spouse or kids that are now using adult sizes. Jenson’s & CBO usually have some close outs. I have 1 XS hardtail demo left, it’s carbon, full XT and 27.5+, but it may be more than you were looking to spend.
Hey Eric, That could be interesting so would love to know more about that bike, PM me the details. Below is a bike I found on Craigslist that may also be a candidate. Would love your thoughts on that too.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/est/bik/d/kirkland-2015-trek-fuel-ex7/6871630976.html

Thanks

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier

dovski

Skier
The description and bike picture don’t seem to match (wrong suspension specs). Something seems odd with that one.
Yeah I noticed that too. Think that was a simple mistake as the bike is Alloy not Carbon fiber and the tires look like they are 27.5 and yes the suspension specs are wrong, but I checked the Trek website and it is the correct model. Spoke with the seller and it sounds like his daughter posted it and got some stuff wrong.

Ski&ride

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
Isn't it bad enough that some skiers have this inane need to keep track of days, vert ft., etc.
Now cyclist too? :doh:

Just try going for a nice ride and enjoying it... everything doesn't need to be quantified.
Sorry to burst your bubble. Cyclists are way worse than skiers.

They keep track of the MILES ridden, not just “days”!

Though to be honest, I’ve NEVER heard any cyclist talk about the number of DAYS they’ve gone out riding in a season. This is the first time I heard the term “riding days”. It clearly shows here we’re skiers who ride bikes during the “off season”.

Me? I don’t keep track of days riding because there’re very few days I don’t ride. I bike to work, bike to the store, bike to visit friends. So keeping track of days would be much easier done by keeping track of day I don’t ride, which I’d prefer NOT to know.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I don't hear cyclists counting days ridden either. I don't ride every day, but I like to get in a certain number of days a week, overall. Some weeks more, some fewer. I can look on my Strava training log and see the pattern.

I don't ride much during ski season because I'm busy skiing. Now that the daylight lasts longer, and the ski days are shorter, this thread is just a fun way to transition to cycling.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
One. Fat bellied and pathetic. But a start is a start.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January