• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
hey Bill..... not sure anyone cares what you think about this.... just sayin'.....
I've been quantifying my riding for a long time. Way longer than I've counted ski days (I don't track vertical feet skied). I enjoy the ride and the numbers. I also like looking at the maps of places I've ridden on Strava.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
I have only been out twice & that mostly on pavement with only a few short sections of dirt. Still lots of snow around here on my usual local trails.
I keep track of my rides with the map my ride app. It is only for my personal use and I find it to be fun and also helps with motivation. I purposely have avoided Strava simply because I am likely to be sucked in to the competition aspect.
About 25 miles & 1500’ vertical total, just trying to be ready for bigger and better things to come.
72E9B1DE-15BD-477A-AC47-06C1142B2BD5.jpeg

I did try to mow the lawn but that didn’t work out so well. ;)
069D3572-81B5-40C9-B4CD-2DA62E88B21A.jpeg

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Around 20 hours. Spring is busy so most of my rides are about an hour after work or while the kids are at practice.

Fuller

Semi Local
Skier
Pretty much every day is a bike day so I don't count them. Had to wait a few weeks after skiing before I started though; doctors, taxes, business etc kept me from biking as usual. When I finally got out there my heart rate was through the roof and I had to drop down to the 22's on the Saturday morning group ride. The TT bike felt like a torture device and the road bike needed new bottom bearings. A slow start for sure.

But the weather is awesome today and I'm finally getting in the swing of things, the water behind the house is up to 76 degrees and is super clear. The first swim was short but felt pretty good.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Day 1 on the roadie today. Not sure how long before the mud turns into dirt up here.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Above average temperatures have opened my backyard trail earlier than expected.
First real dirt singletrack ride yesterday ...
28F458D1-6B4A-44BD-865E-7E753AB95D64.jpeg

Bruuuce

My advice is worth what you paid for it.
Skier
This thread inspired me to go out on my MTB today. Just rode up road hills, but it was great to shake the rust off. I can tell I skied more this year because my legs are much stronger than at the start of last year. My wind is another story...

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Above average temperatures have opened my backyard trail earlier than expected.
First real dirt singletrack ride yesterday ...
View attachment 72254
That's not dirt! That looks awfully white to me! :roflmao:
I don't think Green Pond or Sardine are going to be ready before July this year. Kinda going stir crazy. Going to hit Vernal next weekend (weather permitting) because it's cheap to stay there and I've heard great things about the trails.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I got in another road ride yesterday morning before meeting my boss who was in town for the day.

58376699_10155968302681681_8493577833937895424_n.jpg

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That's paint is reminiscent of the old Kleins.
It’s the Specialized Amira Torch edition. I really didn’t want another orange bike, but I got it for a discount after someone returned it to the shop when his wife didn’t like the color.

Sponsor

Staff online