• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Poll 2019/2020 Season First to Open?

What North American resort will open, and stay open, first for the 2019/2020 season?

• Arapahoe Basin

Votes: 23 46.0%
  • Loveland

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Keystone

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Wolf Creek

• Breckenridge

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Killington

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • 49* North

• Other

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Mt. Rose

Votes: 5 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Well it won't be us. 91 degrees today. we'll be lucky if it's by mid dec.
Oh yeah... who's not going to open first is way easier to answer. :D

Every year around here I hope places will open before Christmas... but some years it's not until January.

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
Every year around here I hope places will open before Christmas.
Same for us down here, however Cataloochee and Sugar are always try to open for Thanksgiving. Talk about making a bunch of snow and then watching it melt.

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Will do! Coincidentally... I've been looking into a potential Copper trip this week. (Earlier than my usual April Colorado weekend.)

The weather has been great. Morning started off chilly but it was 66 degrees this afternoon. Really nice day. That pic above of A Basin, the nice weather has kind of changed that although there still is some spotty snow in the shade. Hiking is the best right now. Are you coming to hike, bike or is it work related? I will be around most of the weekend.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
The weather has been great. Morning started off chilly but it was 66 degrees this afternoon. Really nice day. That pic above of A Basin, the nice weather has kind of changed that although there still is some spotty snow in the shade. Hiking is the best right now. Are you coming to hike, bike or is it work related? I will be around most of the weekend.

I meant a ski trip... just earlier season than the April days I've been out other seasons.

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
for those that voted for A Basin here is what it looks like now

IMG_0323.JPG

IMG_E0324.JPG

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Wow you might be right! Maybe the following weekend? I think you are using the winning crystal ball.

Even if I'm right about A-Basin, it doesn't necessarily mean they'll be first!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Shouldn't count if they blast like crazy only to open for a few days then have a meltdown and have to shut down a couple weeks before getting open again. Should only count if the base sticks and they're able to remain open.

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
How many Ikoneers are willing to burn a day of their five/seven at Abasin in October?

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Shouldn't count if they blast like crazy only to open for a few days then have a meltdown and have to shut down a couple weeks before getting open again. Should only count if the base sticks and they're able to remain open.

Yep... that's basically what I said in the opening post. My rule is that If they open, then are closed on a weekend, it doesn't count.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
How many Ikoneers are willing to burn a day of their seven at Abasin in October?

Well since I don't really have any plans to ski A-Basin this year at all, if I found myself there during WROD time, I'd probably burn a day.

blackke17

I'd rather be at Alta
Skier
might be worth me driving 470 miles to ride the WROD so i can do some shopping in that state!

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m still mystified by the “first to open” status, when the metric I would look for is “most terrain that is open” or even “least WROD-like experience.”

Sponsor

Staff online