• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
Skied today at Jack Frost, first day out in almost 2 years. Was good to shake off the rust. weather and conditions were fantastic. With no lift lines I managed to toast my legs in short order, especially since Exhibtion was bumped up on skiers left for the short slightly steep stretch, then ungroomed the rest of the way down. Somehow I just can;t resist... :-D

TS
kitchener

kitchener

Still At Large
Skier
Wayne was just eyeing whatever pair of Keds he’s currently wearing and thinking it might be time — I guess this is more about skis tho.

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Ice cream today at CBK. Warm, empty, a yo-yo special, got 20 runs in doing a sweep (starting at one end of the mountain and skiing each trail or combo of trails across to the other end).

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Blue Mt just released their season pass price for 2020-2021. $429.00. Isn't that quite a drop in price? I thought a Blue pass was around $700.00 while Camelback's was $600.00. Wonder what Blue is saying.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
Blue Mt just released their season pass price for 2020-2021. $429.00. Isn't that quite a drop in price? I thought a Blue pass was around $700.00 while Camelback's was $600.00. Wonder what Blue is saying.

maybe because Blue is totally empty today.
B499B98F-CA56-4DAB-BAED-0190D24C5A36.jpeg 5546FE99-BB1E-4186-A3D1-03B8B1045818.jpeg

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier
Typically, around this time of year, Blue offers discounted season full pass for next year with free skiing for the balance of '20 as incentive to buy. I bought my first season pass under this type deal, best rate I ever got. I would not count on the $429 being full rate paid next fall. Blue has typically discounted various packages during summer and early fall.

Scrundy

I like beer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sounds like Elk is getting a decent shot of snow right now. My wife is up there with a couple of friends. Of course I have another obligation this weekend :doh:
@Scrundy hope you get some of it, I bet tonight will be fun!
Yeah I’m gonna try and get out but may head to Greek as Pennsylvania is terrible on cleaning roads. It’s pretty bad outside right now so will see how bad on commute home. Bummer you got your gig, gonna miss out on what should be a great weekend for you weekend warriors.

Large Squirrel

a.k.a. guitar73
Skier
@Wendy and @tinymoose and i hit up montage on sunday. it was firmer than expected on sunday. apparently saturday was the day to go, oh well. the mtn looked like it got a few inches from friday's storm event, which made things look mid-winter. run of the day was definitely boomer. nice soft bumps. far right side of smoke was good also, a little crusty but there wasn't any boiler plate ice/cat tracks to contend with. white lightning headwall was super slick.

après was lager and chili.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Wendy and @tinymoose and i hit up montage on sunday. it was firmer than expected on sunday. apparently saturday was the day to go, oh well. the mtn looked like it got a few inches from friday's storm event, which made things look mid-winter. run of the day was definitely boomer. nice soft bumps. far right side of smoke was good also, a little crusty but there wasn't any boiler plate ice/cat tracks to contend with. white lightning headwall was super slick.

après was lager and chili.

It was a rare bluebird morning in PA Sunday, LOL.

@Large Squirrel at Montage:
B953C919-6C12-4BFE-BBD8-8F7539EC9548.jpeg
@tinymoose. Beautiful city of Scranton in the background.
1B2886AD-9690-4DA9-AF0F-8EBD587842D4.jpeg
Stuff that looked soft on the sides of the trail was actually chunky. Boomer bumps were nice, if a bit irregular. My achy knee and reports of sections of ice made me back off the double black bumps.

Susquehanna Brewing Company’s Orange is the New Lager made me forget about my knee.

Large Squirrel

a.k.a. guitar73
Skier
fun nite at race clinic at blue mtn last nite. soft, spring snow conditions were in order. not ideal for racing, but made for some fun mogul skiing. they set a 20-meter gs course for us on widowmaker, and we were focusing on smooth, finessed turns with low to moderate edge angle and forward pressure. even still, the course was severely rutted after two or three times down. half-way through the nite they had us slip the hill and they reset the course. bumps on nightmare were nice, and barney's was fun, but getting some really deep troughs.

après was wings and guinness.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Camelback news: Mountain report says they "seeded" some moguls on Marjies. I say "yes" to that. Also the rumor is that we got one of the groomers from Blue. They (Blue Mt) do a very good job with seeded moguls so hopefully some of that knowledge has come over to CBK. We need that. Still want to see rodo up and running with a nice set like last year. Is it Thursday yet?
The trail at Blue is Barney's Bumps and they do a good job keeping it for the people that like to ski those things. What they do is keep the left half the trail with bumps and the right side groomed for those that don't want to ski them for the entire length of the trail.

Large Squirrel

a.k.a. guitar73
Skier
The trail at Blue is Barney's Bumps and they do a good job keeping it for the people that like to ski those things. What they do is keep the left half the trail with bumps and the right side groomed for those that don't want to ski them for the entire length of the trail.

i am generally not a fan of how blue makes moguls....too triangularly shaped, vertical headwalls on the uphill face of the mogul, no real side slopes to them either. naturally formed bumps, like those on white lightning and boomer at montage, or tunks at elk are more my speed. the warm spring conditions, and my SL skis made the blue moguls much more enjoyable for me.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
i am generally not a fan of how blue makes moguls....too triangularly shaped, vertical headwalls on the uphill face of the mogul, no real side slopes to them either. naturally formed bumps, like those on white lightning and boomer at montage, or tunks at elk are more my speed. the warm spring conditions, and my SL skis made the blue moguls much more enjoyable for me.

Rumor has it that the person who used to seed Blue's bumps is now at Camelback.

These were fresh "seeds" on Nightmare at Blue on Wednesday.

b1.jpg b2.JPEG

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
Hmmm....that may be why I always thought the bumps at Blue were way too far apart. Whoever was doing it on lower Cleo at C-back a few years ago had much better technique.

Speaking of which, can anyone report on bump seeding on Rhody?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online