• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
Funny, they were running them a few days ago...when it wasn't as crowded. Either it's poor planning to not have enough personnel to cover, or maybe they're getting hit with people being sick....there's been a nasty cold virus going around in this neck of the woods.

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Funny, they were running them a few days ago...when it wasn't as crowded. Either it's poor planning to not have enough personnel to cover, or maybe they're getting hit with people being sick....there's been a nasty cold virus going around in this neck of the woods.
They were running both Sun Bowls, Glen and Meadows along with the quads (carpets over on Coolmour too) Bailey looked available and I saw what I thought was a lift attendant up at the top, so I don't know why it didn't spin. They certainly had the attendance to do so.

What interesting to me is whats going on in the middle of the mountain. Like I said they really did not seem ready or eager to run Marc or Cleo. But the way they have rolled out the trails this year a lot of the best skiing has been in that middle part of the mountain. . Scarab changed things (and I think in a good way) along with Near East, its made access to that part of the mountain better and I've found myself skiing off Stevenson more this season then in the past. Looking forward to Pocono Raceway opening as another good route down. The rumor is Marc is coming out, (I think I heard Bailey Glen and Raceway too) Haven't seen any details on replacements but I would love to see a new lift up the middle (from CBK Lodge up to current end of the Marc lift) maybe a cut through from Big Pocono to the top of Middle Cleo and really open up that section of the mountain. I think they may still have the option to move east as well which actually could put the vertical up close to 1000 ft. Changes are coming I'm just not in on the exact plans

TS
kitchener

kitchener

Still At Large
Skier
Per Camelback: The fixed grip lifts are all working. There was a issue with Bailey on Sunday. Both the Mark and Cleo lift still need more snow to operate but we have been working on the areas.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I will be skiing at Blue Mountain on Friday the 24th if anyone is going to be there and wanted to ski with an old guy. Look for the old guy with the solid yellow jacket and the Head Rally skis. I will check this thread for any meet up info tomorrow morning.

Scrundy

I like beer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Excellent news there! I was getting a little concerned and frustrated, to be honest with you, as some of my favorite portions of the mountain have been closed all season.
They are blowing all over east and west. Couldn’t tell where as they were hitting Slalom, Seneca and at least at top of Tuscarora don’t know about bottom.
On west side no telling but could hear a bunch of blowing. Sure they want to be putting on their best conditions and trail count for their Anniversary gig this weekend. I’ll stay away from that crowd and ski a evening or two at some point.

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Excellent news there! I was getting a little concerned and frustrated, to be honest with you, as some of my favorite portions of the mountain have been closed all season.

Rumor I heard was that like Camelback they had some "infrastructure issues" with snowmaking.

Just cancelled an Ikon weekend at Sugarbush due to the weather. At least it looks like we salvage a day here on the "home snow" Sunday. Last I checked the mountains should be able to make some snow overnights this week. Camelback looks to have 34 of 38 soon as they scratch and claw their way to 100%.

I can't imagine where we'd be with out these great snow making systems and the work those crews do. Always give those guys the cheer when we see them out there.

TS
kitchener

kitchener

Still At Large
Skier
Any details on the types of problems? Makes sense, last season they made so much of the top to bottom terrain park on Pharoah, and this year how the new guns would really supplement Cliffhanger and Raceway -- but as of last weekend, all remained closed. No doubt Gunnery Sergeant Hartman would call that piss poor prior planning, private.

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Any details on the types of problems? Makes sense, last season they made so much of the top to bottom terrain park on Pharoah, and this year how the new guns would really supplement Cliffhanger and Raceway -- but as of last weekend, all remained closed. No doubt Gunnery Sergeant Hartman would call that piss poor prior planning, private.

Biggest thing is a January 6 above normal, however they (I mean Camelback in this case) have had issues and it looked like 1 may have happened this past week at the top of Pharoah. Bactrain is pretty much ready to go and I would imagine the park will open soon but it looked like a pipe issue up on the top. I think they responded by starting Cliffhanger which got love this past week. Pocono Raceway was being prepared for a race this weekend. (They cancelled the 1st Wed night race league to keep hammering it) That trail and Nile Mile are the biggest resource pigs on the mountain.

Large Squirrel

a.k.a. guitar73
Skier
i was at blue for the thursday PM racing class. they had blown a butt load of snow over the last week and the mtn was in good shape. GS was setup on razor's...good layout, but was quite scraped off by the end of the nite. guinness and wings afterwards hit the spot.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
On the way home from Blue Mountain and thought a report on the condition of the trails would be a good idea. They were in good shape only Challenger was closed. Skied all others with no problem, in the morning Sidewinder had the golf ball grooming but by 11:30 it was much better. Called it a day about 3:00 PM when my legs told me it was time to quit. Rain is in the forecast for tonight and tomorrow so not sure what next week will be like. But I had a good day today.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Glad the weather cooperated today. Happy 60th Elk!
You're making me regret not going!
I skipped it because my bout with hamstring insertion tendonitis is so so and the high probability of questionable snow conditions due to the rain/freeze/thaw.
I'm back to hiking and last week the PT said to try alternating running and walking 1/10 mile intervals which did not go well. Couldn't tolerate running just one 10th of a mile.
Had Sat's rain been snow I would've did the day trip, small 1000" vert drop/short runs and slow lift rides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online