• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Large Squirrel

a.k.a. guitar73
Skier
conditions at montage were better than expected. it was a little slick here and there, but mostly it was edgable and the snow pack was quite warm. white lightning was pretty darn fun, given the recent weather.

the mtn was a little more crowded than normal today thanks to the u-10/u-12 slalom race. watch a couple kiddos slide down the slope. fun times.

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Camelback news: Mountain report says they "seeded" some moguls on Marjies. I say "yes" to that. Also the rumor is that we got one of the groomers from Blue. They (Blue Mt) do a very good job with seeded moguls so hopefully some of that knowledge has come over to CBK. We need that. Still want to see rodo up and running with a nice set like last year. Is it Thursday yet?

TS
kitchener

kitchener

Still At Large
Skier
We had a surprisingly good time night-skiing at CBK Saturday night (after waiting out the rain Saturday afternoon at Neptunes while the kids hit the arcades) -- after it stopped raining we hit it til close and had an absolute blast practically with the place to ourselves (felt that way). It's been a long time since I night skied and I guess the rain had driven everyone out. A CBK instructor, on her day off and hanging at a fire pit at Trails End yesterday during a break, mentioned the new guns are why so much is open right now -- that with the weather conditions they've had, they'd have had far less open in years past. (?)

Large Squirrel

a.k.a. guitar73
Skier
headed up to blue tonite for the adult racing class. temps look promising, so i suspect we'll be skiing under the guns again. last week they had a GS course set for us, who knows what it will be this week, lol.

Large Squirrel

a.k.a. guitar73
Skier
Sounds fun.

it was.

last nite was interesting, to say the least. started out with me getting stuck in traffic on the turnpike b/c of a tractor-trailer that jack knifed just south of the quakertown interchange. somehow the trailer jumped the median and blocked both north-bound and south-bound lanes. i was in that back-up for about 45 minutes until i was able to get off at a service side exit (cops were letting passenger vehicles with ezpasses to exit). from what i hear, no one got seriously hurt in the accident. finally got up to the mtn just before the start of class (7 pm).

snow conditions were fast and furious. dust on crust, frozens ruts and bumps, etc. the were blowing a lot of snow, probably to protect snowpack from the upcoming warm weather. razor's edge was closed for snowmaking, so they set a modified slalom course on widowmaker/raceway. fun course, i didn't ski out (which i typically do), so that was a nice change of pace.

après was guiness and chili afterwards. good times.

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
snow conditions were fast and furious. dust on crust, frozens ruts and bumps, etc.

après was guiness and chili afterwards. good times.

What I fear not what I want to hear. Would it be horrible to say I hope it warms up this weekend and the surface softens. Doesn't look like the snow gods want to be too much help but I'll take soft over hard even if its machine made any day. Any way kudos to the areas for pumping out the snow. More terrain should be open this weekend and I'm looking forward to getting outside for a couple of days.

après is a certainty and always a good time.

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Oh man, a busy day at CBK but some fun too. Some decent softness, conditions are pretty nice. New terrain open. Only hit the bumps 1 run today, not bad, but tomorrow hope to hammer away at. But its a weekend between Christmas and Presidents Day and high season and "life in the liftline" annoyed me today. Not the fact that there are lines, its nice to see ski area doing well, parking was ok (and we hurt ourselves with a late start too) but the misloads, stops and lack of understanding in what "Alternate Feed" means kind of got me in a dark mood for a while. Oh yea, that and the fact that Marc Antony lift sat swaying in the breeze. Some fun après put me in a better mood. Still I enjoyed skiing in the warm, had a good time (rant aside) and look forward to tomorrow where I plan to hit it early

camberstick

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
The lift line situations are atrocious, people refusing to group in fours last night made lines twice as long as they should have been.then there is the Bluetooth speakers...
dark moods are easy to find. I'm going to try to get out again tommorow, snows been pretty good

Willyum215

Col. Mustard
Skier
We had to deal with that same accident on our way to Elk on Thursday night, @Large Squirrel - fortunately, we heard about it in enough time to divert our usual route from 76 out of Philly to 309 N in time. Still, what a mess. Tacked a good hour on to our trip.
Elk skied very well this weekend. Decent crowds, which I am sure they welcomed. I had a group of about 10 friends up there for two days of fun. Going to be tough to go back into the office tomorrow AM.

Large Squirrel

a.k.a. guitar73
Skier
montage was pretty good today, even had some surprise snow! @tinymoose and i ran the nastar course in the morning. fun times, and i'm glad that they got nastar back. hit up the north face after we were done running the gates. snow down there was full-on spring skiing. soft, slarvy turns were in order. the drive home was interesting as the snow picked up quite a bit. there was another wreck on the north bound turnpike between the bear creek and pocono exits.

après was single cut 18 watt, chili, and dumpster fries.

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
CBK was good yesterday. Not nearly as busy as Saturday and much less lift line studpidity. They mowed down the Marjies bumps but put up a small line on Lower Cleo. Not a big deal to me if they are going to reseed from time to time. East side was a little hard but west side was pretty sweet. Got to figure out the weather to see if I can make it up this week. Thinking of maybe an Ikon weekend (don't have any Ikon days in the book as of yet) up north this weekend but will be back for the holiday weekend for sure.

TS
kitchener

kitchener

Still At Large
Skier
Oh yea, that and the fact that Marc Antony lift sat swaying in the breeze.

That really got us Sunday. I would have stayed long as the snow picked up but it just wasn't worth it. Last year, the Raceway and Marc would have been running. Seems like they're cutting expenses to increase profitably at the cost of our skier experience. We were aggravated, as well.

TS
kitchener

kitchener

Still At Large
Skier
East side was a little hard but west side was pretty sweet.

Scrapey, scrapey, east side. Lower Pharoah was great -- probably in part because not everyone knew how to get there across the top of the silent Raceway lift.

We're off to Okemo this weekend for a tune-up for hopefully Mount Bachelor in March. Never been to either.

Scrundy

I like beer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Skied Elk last night got there at 4:30 skied till 7:30.
Was tough going at first, sundown and was really hard seeing the bumps all over. Looks like it snowed all day there and it was tore up bad. Snowed the whole time I was there ended up being a pretty descent night skiing crud. This morning should of been great for groomer zoomers once they spread it out, probably got 2-3 inches.

Willyum215

Col. Mustard
Skier
Skied Elk last night got there at 4:30 skied till 7:30.
Was tough going at first, sundown and was really hard seeing the bumps all over. Looks like it snowed all day there and it was tore up bad. Snowed the whole time I was there ended up being a pretty descent night skiing crud. This morning should of been great for groomer zoomers once they spread it out, probably got 2-3 inches.

Nice! My neighbor said we had 4" in our little community down the raod, which is the threshold for our plow service to come to clear out the circles. Instead of taking off Friday our crew should have stuck around today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor