• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
It seems this is the first time the runs at chair 3 look like the runs off chair 3.
I gotta believe we’ll be making some mid April runs.
On a side note, Mammoth has some competition now, Steamboat is pretty nice.

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
Did we get a definite answer from Mammoth(ICON) that this season is over? "IF" the virus outbreak got resolved by say Mid May, would they possibly open with all the snow they've been getting?

I haven't given up hope to ski yet. I had 3 trips planned for Spring and I'm hoping to salvage 1 or 2 trips still

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Did we get a definite answer from Mammoth(ICON) that this season is over? "IF" the virus outbreak got resolved by say Mid May, would they possibly open with all the snow they've been getting?

I haven't given up hope to ski yet. I had 3 trips planned for Spring and I'm hoping to salvage 1 or 2 trips still
from their site today - "there is no estimated reopening date for Mammoth Mountain"
they've received10 feet since they closed :(

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
Just got word today that Mammoth is shut down at least until after Memorial weekend. So in other words, sounds like it no more skiing this year

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Just got word today that Mammoth is shut down at least until after Memorial weekend. So in other words, sounds like it no more skiing this year
I don't believe there is going to be any more skiing this year, but if there were Memorial Day would be a fine day to do it.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier

This from Unofficial ski (posted by @4ster in the corona thread) Only area in country to reopen -at 10% limit only.

Mono & Inyo countys are telling people to stay away and have delayed start of fishing season so Mammoth in June is somewhat doubtful.

Last edited:

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Wow. It looks so prisitine and austere

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Lol, that sign is 18.5‘ tall & it is almost May. I’d say that they are doing okay for a less than stellar year ogwink

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Snow Summit has announced the opening of the bike park June 12th, so things are loosening up.

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have to admit that the cooler weather and drizzle in soCal have led me to check the Mammoth cams yesterday and today.

Watching it snow has me depressed all over again. I thought I was over it.

The truth is that I am never quite over it. I guess it's time to buy our IKON passes and hope that we will be able to ski next winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January