• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pacific NW/AK/BC 2019/20 Inland PNW (Wa.- No.Idaho -No Mt.)

New2

Out on the slopes
Skier
Silver Mountain has joined the Powder Alliance for 20/21 (Schweitzer announced earlier in the year they were leaving): https://www.powderalliance.com/eaglecrest-silver-mountain-join-alliance-2021/

I know that I really like Mission Ridge and White Pass, and I'd definitely like to check out Whitewater one of these days, so this is tempting. I'm a little bummed that the shared ownership with 49 North doesn't mean that they both joined Powder Alliance... but I guess that would undermine sales of the combined pass too much.

New2

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thought this was very cool to see of 49° North. Looks like maybe a new trail map to me.
It's definitely cool to see the painting without all the writing added on, but I think this is the same one they've been using ever since Angel Peak opened. And I think that one was just a minor edit of the prior. Skimap.org has a good collection of their maps from recent years, and the lighting, shadows, background, and clouds all look the same to me since 2007.

TS
Bad Bob

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
It's definitely cool to see the painting without all the writing added on, but I think this is the same one they've been using ever since Angel Peak opened. And I think that one was just a minor edit of the prior. Skimap.org has a good collection of their maps from recent years, and the lighting, shadows, background, and clouds all look the same to me since 2007.
Yep, you are right. Here is a pic I took in Jan at the map up on top by chair 4. So much cooler without all the names I never remember. Since there are no runs on Mt Spokane 's North Side it kind of dates itself.

20200104_112030.jpg

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great news about Silver Mt joining Powder Alliance. I really loved skiing at Silver and now I can return with my Powder Alliance next season!

Itinerant skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
Silver Mountain has joined the Powder Alliance for 20/21 (Schweitzer announced earlier in the year they were leaving): https://www.powderalliance.com/eaglecrest-silver-mountain-join-alliance-2021/

I know that I really like Mission Ridge and White Pass, and I'd definitely like to check out Whitewater one of these days, so this is tempting. I'm a little bummed that the shared ownership with 49 North doesn't mean that they both joined Powder Alliance... but I guess that would undermine sales of the combined pass too much.

That's interesting. Laat years Indy Pass had both 49' North and Silver on it.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer

The link that you posted does not show Whitewater B.C. as part of the Power Alliance but it does show Castle Mountain AB. Castle has 2800' vertical and I like to tell people that it is the greatest mountain in North America that you have never heard of. Mid week the place is empty even on a powder day.

Itinerant skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
While Schweitzer is leaving Powder Alliance, they are still doing three weekdays reciprocal with Loveland. Wondering if they will do that with some othe PA members.

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
Yep, you are right. Here is a pic I took in Jan at the map up on top by chair 4. So much cooler without all the names I never remember. Since there are no runs on Mt Spokane 's North Side it kind of dates itself.

View attachment 101437
The map from above with no trail/lift names is a standard Neuhaus print. He does the sketch and then the resort fills it in and convert it to an actual trail map. I have a bunch of the Tahoe resort prints up on the wall. You can get them off his site or on amazon

TS
Bad Bob

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Got some good news that will affect anybody with a Silver Mountain pass or a combo pass at 49° North. It automatically gives you the Powder Alliance pass! So maybe some Whitewater and/or Bridger Bowl days this season.

I like free stuff.

New2

Out on the slopes
Skier
As DanoT pointed out upthread, Whitewater's not listed in the press release, so they might not be in the 20-21 Powder Alliance (or at least not yet confirmed). Still, it's definitely a nice perk!

Itinerant skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
As DanoT pointed out upthread, Whitewater's not listed in the press release, so they might not be in the 20-21 Powder Alliance (or at least not yet confirmed). Still, it's definitely a nice perk!

WW is still listed on the Powder Alliance page as of 06 May, but SugarBowl and Schweitzer are not, so hopefully it's accurate.

Sponsor

Staff online