• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pacific NW/AK/BC 2019/20 Inland PNW (Wa.- No.Idaho -No Mt.)

TS
Bad Bob

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
@Coomba if you can catch 49* North on a Friday after a storm. Historially they have been closed on Wednesdays and Thursdays. "Powder Friday".

Looks like work schedule is going to make me a weekend warrior, if it is going to be a Saturday/Sunday let me know. We can make some turns.

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
The weather guys at the Couer d' Alene Press are predicting a good snow year, maybe a record snow year. Consequently thought I would start our winter thread.

Lookout is still working on their new lift (chair one) and can't find any real recent updates, maybe will have to drive up and see how it is going.

Silver looks like they have more snow than Lookout which is unusual.

Snowghost skied 49 during the last snow storm and looked like fun for sure.

Heres hoping all our people got thru the summer ok and will be back here for a great ski season in the Inland PNW.

My wife and I just got back from Italy. Always wanted to see the Coliseum.

2 italy.jpg

Anyway since we have early snow thought I would start our thread. Anyone else know any new stuff on our resorts ?"

TS
Bad Bob

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
I know there is no snow left on Lookout Pass. Was over it a couple of times today.

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
Mt Hood starting to get snow. Some rumors of preview day this Friday at Meadows.....

I'll be in LaGrande for Thanksgiving. If I ski around 1st week of December I'll be happy.

nunyabiz

Putting on skis
Skier
Mt Hood starting to get snow. Some rumors of preview day this Friday at Meadows.....

I'll be in LaGrande for Thanksgiving. If I ski around 1st week of December I'll be happy.
Looks like Timberline is getting the season started on Turkey day. At the moment, only Bruno and Pucci scheduled to run.

In your experience, how much snow does meadows need for decent coverage?

TS
Bad Bob

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Need to find somebody to go play with!
Found this today on a work trip north of Colville. Very low effort earn your turns. Drive to very near the top get picked up on the road. 3 or 4 people should be able to get fresh tracks all day with a bit of farming. Sorry for the bad picture in that light. There are 2 sets of tracks on it in the pic. My guess is around 1K vertical. I am stuck having to do this on a weekend day.

20200226_142908.jpg

New2

Out on the slopes
Skier
Anyone know what's up with Lift 2 at Mt. Spokane? It's been "closed for repair" since Saturday, at least. I've been thinking about night skiing, but heading up there just for Lift 3 isn't quite enticing enough.

TS
Bad Bob

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
It has not been unusual in the past few years for them to have 2 shut down unless there is a big crowd. Their theory is that you can get the same terrain from 1.

Was up there on Saturday and surprised it was closed too.

New2

Out on the slopes
Skier
Schweitzer's announced they're leaving the Powder Alliance after the current season: https://www.schweitzer.com/plan/passholder-perks/, and "we can confirm that our strong relationship with our sister resort, Whitewater in Nelson, BC will continue as always." Mountain High's advertising 16 Powder Alliance partners next year (compared with 18 current), so maybe Whitewater's leaving, too?
Meanwhile Mountain Collective's teasing "The 2020/2021 Mountain Collective Pass will be on sale this spring with exciting new destinations!" It'd beat Ikon or Epic, but I'd just as soon keep all of the megapasses out of the inland northwest :cool:

TS
Bad Bob

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Best day of the year at 49 degrees north. 23" overnight

That was perhaps the BEST Inland Northwest snow I have EVER skied. Temps and the winds made it spectacularly dry for this region.

JHust

Putting on skis
Skier
That was perhaps the BEST Inland Northwest snow I have EVER skied. Temps and the winds made it spectacularly dry for this region.
I have to agree. I've only been in this region for a year but it was the best I've skied so far.

Coomba

Booting up
Skier
Yeah, Friday afternoon and all day yesterday at 49 was the best skiing of the season for me. The drifting on some of the runs was a bit interesting, but finally got to ski the whole mountain.

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier

Yes, we had a good amount of nice fluffy cold powder at Mt Hood Skibowl on Saturday. Have not seen nice powder like that on Mt Hood for quite a while.

Sponsor

Staff online