• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Looks like we are going to Aspen from March 17-23 with our ski club so addition of a goal is to keep getting a comfortable on all kinds of terrain so that I can make the most of it. I've been to Colorado before but never skied there so I'm very excited.

One of the best times of the year. Aspen doesn't get hit hard from spring break. Coverage is stellar. Conditions can be anywhere from spring to full on winter-nuking. Plus Aspen is about as good a first-time CO ski experience as you can have.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
One of the best times of the year. Aspen doesn't get hit hard from spring break. Coverage is stellar. Conditions can be anywhere from spring to full on winter-nuking. Plus Aspen is about as good a first-time CO ski experience as you can have.

Thanks. @KevinF has given me a mini rundown of the mountains and mentioned that Highlands is where the gnarley stuff I'd likely want to avoid. I'll probably bring my praxis skis and then something moderately narrow such as my Yumi's, Quickdraws or Invictus 89ti's in case it's a low tide day. I don't want to hijack this thread so I'll likely start an Aspen thread like I did when we went to Tahoe so maybe we could coordinate some meet ups or people can recommend some trails to me :)

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Looks like we are going to Aspen from March 17-23 with our ski club so addition of a goal is to keep getting a comfortable on all kinds of terrain so that I can make the most of it. I've been to Colorado before but never skied there so I'm very excited.
Don't miss one day over at Snowmass:D

Rod9301

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Ski Mt Gilbert, in the Sierras.

Tried it this year, but access was horrendous, turned around.
4 years ago, halfway to the couloir, turned around because of snow conditions and fear.

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
Stay injury free all season.
Improve: less wasted effort; better balance, technique; I'm grudgingly coming to terms that my strength and speed are not what I imagine they are.
Experience several new to me mountains. Give some previously under-enjoyed mountains another chance.
Ski with as many new to me people as possible. Ski with as many already known people as possible.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
1) Survive my first over the handle bars fall this year without injury.

2) Ski more now then when I was working.

3) Continue terrian coaching @surfsnowgirl

4) Exceed two thousand ski days on my home mountain.

5) Make at least one run on my Snurfer.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
To continue getting out there and "Plugging the Pug"

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Thanks. @KevinF has given me a mini rundown of the mountains and mentioned that Highlands is where the gnarley stuff I'd likely want to avoid. I'll probably bring my praxis skis and then something moderately narrow such as my Yumi's, Quickdraws or Invictus 89ti's in case it's a low tide day. I don't want to hijack this thread so I'll likely start an Aspen thread like I did when we went to Tahoe so maybe we could coordinate some meet ups or people can recommend some trails to me :)

I like the white ones myself. :D

TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Don't know yet - Marinoni built Raleigh, Proteus, or Havnoonian, depending on what parts I can put together and what parts survive 'til then :D

Those are some damn fine options. L'Eroica is on my bucket list -- ideally the Italian or UK one. I've got an old MKM Cycles frame that is begging for it.

Wade

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
1. Ski 30+ days

2. Ski with my family, and watch my kids continue to progress. My 7 year old killed it last year, skiing some legitimately steep runs at AltaBird with flow, and I’m excited to see what he can do this year.

3. Get back to Jackson (the scene of the crime for my broken jaw last season) and finish my lesson with @TPJ that got cut short.

4. Keep improving. I’m 10-ish years into being a skier, and I’ve managed to get better every year from more snow time, lessons from good instructors, and hard work. I love the feeling of skiing something that I once thought was difficult and getting down it fast, and with good form and rhythm.

5. Genuinely enjoy every day I’m lucky enough to have skis on my feet, regardless of weather, snow conditions, crowds, or anything else.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm very much looking forward to this. I couldn't have gone down the terrain I did last season were it not for your fabulous coaching. I'm beyond stoked for this coming season.

:beercheer:

Hopefully he will coach you to finally go down SuperStar. You can't own Praxis skis and have never gone down SupahStah..... Once you find the sweet spot....you'll be hooked....and onto Ovation. Good luck.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Hopefully he will coach you to finally go down SuperStar. You can't own Praxis skis and have never gone down SupahStah..... Once you find the sweet spot....you'll be hooked....and onto Ovation. Good luck.

Thanks. Goals are good The lip of superstah terrifies me. I have a terrible mind f$%ck with that run. I now cut over the tippity top of the head wall when i navigate over to upper skylark so I'm getting there ha. Ha. However, GIS will coach me down it though and i will do it. My plan though is to ski down the headwall and then bail onto lower skylark. I know once I do it, I'll be hooked. Then i can ski until the VERY end of the season and not just til skylark shuts down which is almost the end but not quite ;)

Omg ovation, the bottom of that run terrifies me and there's no bail out lol.

Does highline count, that was a great run and i was mighty proud skiing down that. I now look up at that and think with a giggle, i did that. :)

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online