• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
1. Ski more - last year wasn't great
2. Spare of the moment trip out West, somewhere
3. Zero patients on Wed night Ski Patrol shifts.
4. Score some Head Kores
5. Make PugSki even better.

laine

I ski like a girl. Fast.
Skier
Ski 20+ days
Ski with friends
Ski with the Pugs and other Pugski peeps
Ski new places - headed to Japan over Xmas!
Get better at powder - taking a heli-ski bucket list trip in January!

Stretch goal - ski somewhere outside of Tahoe on the Ikon pass - though that may be pushing it.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Ski 20+ days
Ski with friends
Ski with the Pugs and other Pugski peeps
Ski new places - headed to Japan over Xmas!
Get better at powder - taking a heli-ski bucket list trip in January!

Stretch goal - ski somewhere outside of Tahoe on the Ikon pass - though that may be pushing it.
The Gathering at Big Sky could knock a few of those right off the list.

headybrew

surrender to the flow
Skier
Get comfortable hitting jumps here, there, everywhere. 75 days would be an improvement over my 60 last season. And of course I will always try my best to...
skilikestein.jpg

TexasStout

Epic Pass + Loveland 4-pack for 2021-2022
Skier
  • Ski 20+ days
  • Ski w/ middle son and granddaughter for first time! They've never skied but son has asked for time off from work, bought ski clothing and is looking at flights. :crossfingers:
  • Take lesson early to get into good technique habits from the start
  • Avoid injuries
  • Ski new places - Whitefish trip down payment made, Vail in planning stage
  • Get better at skiing bumps
  • Get better at skiing powder
  • Ski double blacks and bowls at Breck

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
Returned to skiing last year after a 15 year hiatus. Did several years on a snowboard after knee surgeries thinking it would be better. So still working on refining my technique and being more confident. I find that being a single income household I get more hesitant than I should be, it’s a metal hurdle I need to overcome. The kids enter ski school this year so we should be able to get 30+ days in.

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I think mine will be working on pulling back for moguls. Been able to meander (snake) through. Would like to work on a more direct and dynamic line.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
My 11th Season
- Start the season slow and ensure my ankle injury from last season does not affect my skiing physically or mentally. :golfclap:

- Work on improving my pole plants and cleaning up my turn initiation - from last year's lessons and probably next year's as well.

:huh:I felt better, but the proof is in the eye of the beholder. I didn't get my early season lessons like I had hoped to for reasons below.

- Don't feel compelled to ski sub-optimal conditions! Crappy, icy, crowded holiday weekends after a 7 hr drive, and when I'm tired from trying to get more vertical. :golfclap:

- More of a wish: ski a legitimate powder day on my new powder skis.

:yahoo: Two days worth of what passes for powder in New England!

- Ski all the single blacks at Killington with style, not survival, then think about a double.

:huh: Well, I did ski Cascade by accident. Not sure about my style on the others...
- Ski a new New England mountain.:golfclap: Pico!
- Ski into April and on spring corn snow - I've never skied after the spring equinox.:beercheer:

- Ski 35+ days.:( Family issues cut into my New Year's and MLK trips, but I got 28 days.

- Stay injury free! I would have hit the previous goal easily last year if I hadn't broken my ankle on day 17 in late January.:beercheer:
I thought I'd revisit this post to see how I did this season. Progress, but maybe better next year!

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
Ski better than last year.
My reaction when I saw this pop up on my Watched Threads list was, I had goals?

I don't know if I skied "better" than last year, unlikely. I certainly skied MORE than last year (not a high bar) and had zero falls. That was a biggie actually, as I think a rough fall early in the season last year impacted my enthusiasm all season long.

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Don't remember if my goals for this season were stated upstream....

First and foremost is not being injured and to have fun. On that there was success.

Logistical, was hoping to break 15 days and maybe hit 20 days this season. Of my planned days, only 55% resulted on the snow, due to road conditions and wind holds. Got 13 days so far, which is middle of my usual number.

Technical goal for the season was to get better at bump skiing. I went from stopping every 2-4 turns to cleaning/surviving a whole bump field. The ideas in sustainable bump thread really cemented this feat. Big success and confidence builder for me.

Another technical issue I've been struggling with has been staying stacked in steeper (blacks, > 28 degrees). I was finding myself leaning into the hill at the end of turns, which made the next turn backseated. I think I found the cause the last day of this season. Am now hoping that feat will be remembered at the beginning of next season.

One bonus item: given this was a powder year for the Tahoe region, was able to work on bunny hops for skiing powder. What a revelation. Big fun!

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
Now that I'm pretty sure I'm done with skiing for this season, I'm glad my main goal was reached. Skiing as much as last year didn't exactly go through, even though I had great winter, but that was secondary. Primary was to stay alive in all those days in backcountry, and I have to say, even though I was skiing in some pretty bad stuff with avi level up at 5 during few days, I never had a single run, that I would be really worried about. Few days out there were a bit sketchy, but due proper planning I never felt I made risky decisions, and even when I look back, as that's easier to see you did something stupid and you were just damn lucky, I don't think I every was in really risky situation this season, which is much better then seasons before. So I'm proud to myself that main goal was reached and I can still annoy you guys here :D
And on top of that, I had about 20 days in mountains that I have never skied before, so that's not that bad either, as one of cool points of ski touring for me is to explore stuff and ski faces that you have never been skiing before.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Mine for 18/19 :

-- Get 25 days
-- Ski two new (to me) places
-- Do another Ski Week
-- Have tons of fun

Forgot about this thread.... I did not quite meet all of mine as I only got 22 days, but made up for it in other ways.

I over-achieved on the new places and skied 5 new places this season. And I did a Ski Week. And I think I probably over-achieved on the fun too. :)

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Sponsor

Staff online