• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Anyone going to be at Stratton on the 9th?
Annual spring demo day sounds like fun.

Was too beat to attend yesterdays demo day at Camelback in the Poconos. Besides it would've been entirely underwhelming having spent last week in B.C. where I didn't bother doing Whistler/Blackcomb $20/day demo's. Was very happy on my 90eights in the weeks well preserved soft and windblown from 7" the day before I arrived and even more so on last Thursday's 4" refresher. Would've been nice to have been hit with the dump Jackson got last week but I couldn't complain.

Anyway, I'll think about it.

Are you open to skiing another MTN on Sunday because If I go, higher chances for that if Sunday's forcasted snow happens, I'd do Sunday at either Sugarbush, Ktown or maybe Okemo (Epic), but not Stratton?

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Annual spring demo day sounds like fun.

Are you open to skiing another MTN on Sunday because If I go, higher chances for that if Sunday's forcasted snow happens, I'd do Sunday at either Sugarbush, Ktown or maybe Okemo (Epic), but not Stratton?

60% chance I will be at SB Sunday. What's your BSL?

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
sneaky Lake Ontario lake effect band hitting mansfield right now.

Don Canard

Booting up
Skier
since ppl are posting Catskills areas in this thread I will too, was at Windham Friday 3/1 and today 3/5. A little fresh Sunday to Monday made super conditions, today it stayed cold and supposed to stay that way the next couple days. East peak is a little scratchy in some places (ice coming thru) but otherwise groomed (except for untouched noted on website) and not crunchy. Go get it. Running up C looking at Warmup:

20190305_104035.jpg

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
We are actually not renewing our peak passes this year. Have access to other discounts at Snow for whenever we'd like to go. Was leaning toward IKON but I think we are holding off and will focus on bromley and magic with the occasional snow trip and killington spring pass come March. If we want to go to killington mid season we can go on one of the ski club trips. Out west is usually with ski club too so no real motivation to IKON at this point.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
If I recall correctly from a previous thread, the Peak Pass does well with the younger crowd as it gives them a lot of options in the NE within driving distance, but I can see where Ikon or Epic serves older skiers better since they are more likely to travel west.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
In addition to unlimited at Stratton, Ikon provides 7 days each at Killington, Sugarbush, Loon, Sunday River, and Sugarloaf. That's a lot of days.

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Wow, didn't realize Stratton was unlimited, but that's not the base pass. 5 days at each for the base pass and then a few blackout days.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@Erik Timmerman and his Stowe reports have been missing from this and other threads as of late. I hope he’s good and just busy teaching folks to ski better!

Mike Thomas

Whiteroom
Industry Insider
Shows skied amazingly this am. Wind blown inch or three over super grippy courdoroy, combined with excellent visibility- fun morning before work.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
if you spot a person in citrus plaid, make sure to introduce yourself as Noble Gassy Epiphyte?
Yeah about that, I'll have to miss this one, my budds helium, argon, krypton, xenon and radon aren't feeling Stratton's potential for constant and random motion.
:doh:
Ok, actually I overdid it again resulting in nasty bursitis of the elbow I shredded a few years back on a :poo: section of rocky trail.
Doctor recommends giving it a week or two before seeking constant and random motion on:snow:
:nono:

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
Smuggs was super nice this morning. Long cruisers with no people. Clouds were nonexistent. I almost took a photo of the place that shall not be named. But I stopped myself..

A6CD5FD2-384F-454D-890E-EA75B8E028EF.jpeg
F5F68F73-434D-4D01-9DAD-2A6389826777.jpeg

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
There was a death at Cannon today. Someone said collision between two skiers, but that was not an official report.
Nothing much official yet in the news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online